Centre back options

Don't get the Van Dijk hype, always seemed a good but unremarkable player. Not the answer to our questions and certainly not for the figures being discussed.
Anyone think getting Alderweireld in January is realistic?

Malang Sarr from Nice. Left footed CB and only 18. Near 90% pass rate. Captain of France's u18s. Seems like a really good prospect for the future who can develop in Pep's system.

Malang Sarr from Nice. Left footed CB and only 18. Near 90% pass rate. Captain of France's u18s. Seems like a really good prospect for the future who can develop in Pep's system.

He's potentially very good, also Issa Diop could be another option. It all depends on what Pep wants, another young player he can mould or an experienced type.

Wish we'd stop with the silly stance on Laporte and just bid again. He's perfect for us.

This all day long. Him on the left side of a back three would be incredible. Really wish we got him for the 50m euros before his release clause went up, but I still wouldn't be opposed to going back in for him.

I don't think Pep would want to throw him into our defence without having an experienced head alongside him, Kompany simply cannot be relied on and as much as Otamendi is doing a good job overall he cannot lead a defence.

A good player however and has great potential.

Not seen him play a full match myself, but there's a Jamaal Lascelles hype machine building up, he'll be in the England squad soon i'm sure. Could he be a potential HG target for us? Or is he just a solid PL, physical defender?

I think the club will be a little more cautious when buying our next centre half, as they will need to balance age, with experience and quality, which reduces the number of players that will fit the bill. A ready made centre half, at the right age, who can slot in and perform at the highest level are rare and will unquestionably cost an absolute fortune. A player of this stature will no doubt already be at an established and successful club, which in itself will make recruiting the player difficult. It will be interesting to see who they have in their sights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.