Centre back options

No we are not. We are an injury away from not having a top 5 defender. But we have a top 20 defender in Ota and a rising star in Stones. And then a good backup in Kolarov.

Its just fallacious the belief that we'd we'd be fucked without Kompany. We won't. Especially if we have a keeper who saves more than 2 of every 20 shots he faces. And athletic fullbacks with the speed and defensive aggression to help.

With Kompany we'd have the best defense. Without him only Spurs and Chelsea will have better defenses.

And in fairness, our possession and offense is what spurs our defense.

But again, if we can get Boateng or Varane, I'll be all for it. But for almost everyone else, it would be a like for like substitution or an inferior exchange.

Meaning Otamendi is on the same level as Koulibally, Chiellinin, Sokratis, and the like.

And he is far better than the likes of Bonucci, Sahko and some other hideous suggestion that have been made over the last few months.
Otamendi is better than bonucci? Okay mate time to go home you've had enough :-)

Otamendi is better than bonucci? Okay mate time to go home you've had enough :-)
Yes. I have said it a thousand times. And outside of hype nothing supports the notion that Bonucci is better.

Frankly, Bonucci is the epitome of what English fans tend to hate in their CHs. Which is strange he gets so much love here on a forum predominated by folks from the UK.

He is an older slower skinnier John Stones. This is bizarro world really. I used to be the one drumming for ball playing CBs while most of the forum scuffed at it. Its strange to now be the one rejecting one while the majority are all cocksure he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Men Pep has to become more conversant of his power and speak more judiciously about players. Bonnuci's greatness is inextricably tied to Pep's praise of him.

Just watch him. He is at best an okay defender. At best!

Yes he can pass, but at 30, lightweight and not much of any aerial dominance, he is half the defender Ota is.

Yes. I have said it a thousand times. And outside of hype nothing supports the notion that Bonucci is better.

Frankly, Bonucci is the epitome of what English fans tend to hate in their CHs. Which is strange he gets so much love here on a forum predominated by folks from the UK.

He is an older slower skinnier John Stones. This is bizarro world really. I used to be the one drumming for ball playing CBs while most of the forum scuffed at it. Its strange to now be the one rejecting one while the majority are all cocksure he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Men Pep has to become more conversant of his power and speak more judiciously about players. Bonnuci's greatness is inextricably tied to Pep's praise of him.

Just watch him. He is at best an okay defender. At best!

Yes he can pass, but at 30, lightweight and not much of any aerial dominance, he is half the defender Ota is.

Dax777 manages somehow to clarkie himself lol

Sometimes I really can't tell if people on here are taking the piss, or are just totally insane.

No we are not. We are an injury away from not having a top 5 defender. But we have a top 20 defender in Ota and a rising star in Stones. And then a good backup in Kolarov.

Its just fallacious the belief that we'd we'd be fucked without Kompany. We won't. Especially if we have a keeper who saves more than 2 of every 20 shots he faces. And athletic fullbacks with the speed and defensive aggression to help.

With Kompany we'd have the best defense. Without him only Spurs and Chelsea will have better defenses.

And in fairness, our possession and offense is what spurs our defense.

But again, if we can get Boateng or Varane, I'll be all for it. But for almost everyone else, it would be a like for like substitution or an inferior exchange.

Meaning Otamendi is on the same level as Koulibally, Chiellinin, Sokratis, and the like.

And he is far better than the likes of Bonucci, Sahko and some other hideous suggestion that have been made over the last few months.
Are you taking the piss?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.