Centre back options

Do you not think? I'm of the mindset that if we could upgrade Kolarov with a CB capable of playing RB we'd be much stronger.

Yeah, we just don't need to get rid of Kolarov to get the RB/CB, they can just have Alves' place in the squad.

Kolarov + New CB/RB would be better than just new CB/RB as I think AK did offer quite a lot at CB last season when he was in good form and maybe a bit more time, plus some pace around him would make things work.

A CB who can play RB would perfect as it would allow somoene like Maffeo to come into the squad as 2nd RB next season when Kolarov leaves.

Yeah, we just don't need to get rid of Kolarov to get the RB/CB, they can just have Alves' place in the squad.

Kolarov + New CB/RB would be better than just new CB/RB as I think AK did offer quite a lot at CB last season when he was in good form and maybe a bit more time, plus some pace around him would make things work.

A CB who can play RB would perfect as it would allow somoene like Maffeo to come into the squad as 2nd RB next season when Kolarov leaves.

Obviously wouldn't happen, but what if Fernandinho played as the CB/RB. He was RB last season at times, and then you could actually spend the money on getting a top class CDM?

Be crazy not to at least make an enquiry, they're willing to sell, we've got the money and we need somebody like him. Chelsea are out of the picture now they have Rudiger, if we can convince him to come, there shouldn't be any stumbling blocks.

I'd be comfortable with Kolarov staying as the alternative left back and cover for cb even with him coming in. Or if not, ditch the liability Otamendi. Kompany,Bonucci,Stones with Kolarov as cover seems pretty good to me, you'd be comfortable with any combination playing with the exception of Kolarov and Stones but even that would probably work against certain sides.

We currently have 4 on the books (Vinny, Otta, Stones and Adarabioyo). 2 for each position, which is what any good First Team squad should have. Are they all going to stay injury free for the whole season? Highly unlikely, but how many teams went the whole of last season injury fee?

I don't think we need to worry about CB as much as Full-backs where we currently have Kolarov on the books (for now anyway).
Agreed that full back is more important because we essentially have no senior players there but in terms of whether we need a CB, it isn't just a numbers game, you also have to consider quality. I don't see many people using having Bony at the club as an argument for not signing forwards and neither should having some of our CBs be an argument for not signing a CB who can step in for Vinny and organise things when Vinny is injured or needs resting.

I'm not denying your videos, I actually have the same ones downloaded somewhere. But Pep said it, irrespective & if I remember correctly added 'I know' on one instance.

And yes, if he had decided to talk in meaningless riddles & wind us all up, & take the piss out of us, you could be right & he actually meant 'we need backup but we already have it' which would be a fucking stupid thing to say but perhaps he is like that.

Otherwise, you are talking complete bollocks.
If the bolded above is true, them we must conclude that it was a more stupid thing for Pep to say in light of the fact we have 2 instances of him saying the exact opposite.

So if you are right that he said "I know," then we have clear proof Pep speaks in riddles and thus constantly takes the piss. So Pep "not stating an opinion clearly" shouldn't be at all surprising, seeing as you believe he does even worse. I.e blatantly contradicts himself.

Bit more likely than not you are just on some bollocks bend :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.