Centre-Back Partnerships by numbers.

Small sample size so obviously not very reliable, but still shows a small trend. As most have been saying for a while Demichelis to move on next summer & be replaced by Denayer (should have been this summer but suppose we didn't have Otamendi at that point & keeping Denayer would have meant not obtaining him).

Done his job for us but clearly getting on & isn't what's required at the level we're striving for.

I think the problem lies in Demichelis, in the 13/14 season when we won the league he seemed to thrive when Kompany was missing, its like the added responsibility really made him up his game and that was the most valuable thing he offered the squad, I seem to remember him playing particularly well away at Hull when Vinnie got sent off.

However last season and this season that seems to have gone out of his game which is a real shame, I think Mangala (as good as he is) needs experience next to him, someone to boss him around and tell what to do, then he looks as good as anyone (he is only 24) but Demichelis seems to either be to lax with him or too lazy and either way we can't afford that, especially in a squad like City's when you're looking for trophies every season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.