Centre-Back Partnerships by numbers.

domalino

------------

Wasn't sure if these actually deserved their own thread or not, but I knocked these up for another city forum, thought I might as well share them here. Only full games counted, across all competitions this season.

Mangala has been copping a lot of flak recently, but I think it's fairly obvious he isn't the problem, we're less likely to concede goals and more likely to win with him playing than anyone else except Kompany.

They're only stats, read as much or as little into them as you like.

Also Kompany's record of only conceding 2 goals in 9 games is ridiculous.

Really highlights why Demichelis needs moving on.

However, I will say th poor bugger usually gets the games we play a mid 2 and rotate in front of him.

Why not have the whole back four? For me Kolorov's lack of speed in getting back to cover that really leave people open. Also the teams played makes a difference.

Why not have the whole back four? For me Kolorov's lack of speed in getting back to cover that really leave people open. Also the teams played makes a difference.

Didn't do the whole back 4 because it's mostly irrelevant, clichy and Zabaleta have been injured for 95% of the season.

Also opposition played is pretty even, because it's been enforced by Kompany's injuries, Pellegrini hasn't been picking based on opposition but by availability. You can look through yourself but it's pretty evenly spread.

I think those stats are useful but don’t tell the whole story.
Komps and Otamendi are class acts.
Mangala alongside any of those two looks really good, a beast.
Demi is past it now and is not getting the required games to stay sharp.
Also the form of fullbacks and midfield players, game to game, is all over the place.
Irrespective of the stats we lack a settled back 4 and any combination of the best 3 central defenders has at times looked fantastic. We just need to get a settled defence playing together.

------------

Wasn't sure if these actually deserved their own thread or not, but I knocked these up for another city forum, thought I might as well share them here. Only full games counted, across all competitions this season.

Mangala has been copping a lot of flak recently, but I think it's fairly obvious he isn't the problem, we're less likely to concede goals and more likely to win with him playing than anyone else except Kompany.

They're only stats, read as much or as little into them as you like.

Also Kompany's record of only conceding 2 goals in 9 games is ridiculous.

It should have only been one as well had Joe not dropped a bollock.
I think it's important to look at the opposition when taking those stats into account. It's all about context.

I thought Kompany conceded against Norwich, Sevilla away and 1 against Juve at home?

Anyway, just to highlight how impressive his stat is, he's also played against Chelsea, Juve, Everton away, Sevilla away and the rags away

I thought Kompany conceded against Norwich, Sevilla away and 1 against Juve at home?

Anyway, just to highlight how impressive his stat is, he's also played against Chelsea, Juve, Everton away, Sevilla away and the rags away
I think Kompany had already been subbed before we conceded against Juve? From what I recall anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.