CFG/ City Related Team Results...

MELBOURNE CITY FC WOMEN
Melbourne Victory 0 - 4 Melbourne City
(Beattie 35', Crummer 52', 71', Little 79')

Yellow cards: MV 2, MC 0
Current MCFC result streak: WWWWW
Current League Position: 1st

Melbourne City Women are now 8 points ahead after 7 games, having won every single game in their (admittedly short) existence. They could theoretically qualify for the play-offs after their next game, with a third of their season still to go.

MELBOURNE CITY FC WOMEN
Newcastle Jets 0 - 1 Melbourne City
(Goad 44')

Yellow cards: NJ 0, MC 0
Current MCFC result streak: WWWWW
Current League Position: 1st

Melbourne City women have now qualified for the play-off tournament after only 8 of 12 games.

MELBOURNE CITY FC

Newcastle Jets 0 - 4 Melbourne City
(Mooy 43', 59', Fornaroli 56', 62')

Yellow cards: NJ 1, MC 1
Current MCFC result streak: LDWWW
Current League Position: 3rd

Do the men's and women's teams play the same opponents on the same weekend in Australia?

Occasionally they arrange it that way, in order to have the games played as a double-header in front of the same fans - essentially to try to artificially drive up crowd numbers. However, no, they usually play different teams. Also, the women only play 12 games a season to the men's 27.

Occasionally they arrange it that way, in order to have the games played as a double-header in front of the same fans - essentially to try to artificially drive up crowd numbers. However, no, they usually play different teams. Also, the women only play 12 games a season to the men's 27.

Fair enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks Falastur!

I thought it would be easy to keep a handle on the data, but when work and life gets in the way... Sheesh!!

The Oz boys and girls are crushing it!! Similar to us, at times.

Lovin' it!!

I wonder if NYCFC are going to have a women's franchise in the future?

Thanks Falastur!

I thought it would be easy to keep a handle on the data, but when work and life gets in the way... Sheesh!!

The Oz boys and girls are crushing it!! Similar to us, at times.

Lovin' it!!

I wonder if NYCFC are going to have a women's franchise in the future?

They definitely will at some point. I think the main obstacle holding them back at present is that they have no stadium to base the team in. For the same reason, they haven't been able to meet their intended goal of operating a b-team in the "third division" USL and have instead only managed to meet the league-mandated minimum requirement of signing a partnership with an existing USL team.

They definitely will at some point. I think the main obstacle holding them back at present is that they have no stadium to base the team in. For the same reason, they haven't been able to meet their intended goal of operating a b-team in the "third division" USL and have instead only managed to meet the league-mandated minimum requirement of signing a partnership with an existing USL team.

Are CFG dealing with a 'shakedown' in the States...?

Are CFG dealing with a 'shakedown' in the States...?

No, they're dealing with a highly hostile property market. Every deal they approach falls through, either through the Mayor's office showing a lack of support, by companies holding them to ransom or by local residents sabotaging it. One deal they had which was highly promising fell through because the local residents' association said it was outraged that the club had not approached them before attempting to negotiate the purchase of the land they were eyeing up, and because the club had not put them first they had decided to bloc vote to shoot the project down. Another very promising bid to build on land right next to Yankee Stadium fell through when a manufacturing company whom they had already made an agreement to build a new factory for realised just how much money was behind NYCFC and suddenly jacked up their asking price at the last minute. Basically, they simply can't get anywhere in the city to agree to a stadium construction project.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.