CFG Expansion | Başakşehir to join? (p70)

England, Europe, the world.

I'm still amazed that the chairs of all the G14 when they were dominant never ever looked outside of the box at a time when they technically had money to burn.

Oops, let me just clarify that paragraph..... hahahaha.
Did Soriano not want to do this at Barcelona but got knocked back? Now that's funny considering their present predicament.

England, Europe, the world.

I'm still amazed that the chairs of all the G14 when they were dominant never ever looked outside of the box at a time when they technically had money to burn.

Oops, let me just clarify that paragraph..... hahahaha.
Soriano put his plan for a global group to the Barca board and they gave him a flat no. Think that is why he left. When he came to City, I expect a green light had already been given in principle by Khaldoon/Mansour.

I can’t imagine Yaya’s wanker of an agent Seluk is happy that we are parking our tanks on his lawn in Ukraine. He thinks that is his personal fiefdom so he can have first choice at getting his claws into any emerging talent. He was absolutely raging when we snapped up Zinchenko before he could get him signed up

The biggest thing this is doing is creating so many City fans globally. Those who already support all these local teams, Melbourne, New York ... to now these teams in Ukraine and Chile, will obviously go on to support their team but then also keep an eye on City then that becomes their default team to support in Europe. I know a lot of people in India for example who supported Barca or Real Madrid as a big team to watch (and in some cases even United) ... since Mumbai City joined the CFG have all gone to keeping an eye on City and support us now.

This isn't visible right now, but in a decade from now, one day the Uniteds and Liverpools will wake up and realize they are no longer the big fish in all these global markets, and City won't only be in China or India only but everywhere in all this clever mushroom spreading our brand and what not. CFG is doing great in these communities as well and that's also spreading our good name and Manchester City remains the top club in CFG and thus all these other clubs (and their fans) see us as ... let's say ... the mothership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.