CFG financial results plus increased Chinese stake

Maybe I'm being a little naive, but wouldn't they have only paid approx £24m for a 1% stake if CFG was valued at £2.4bn?

no, because that would mean they would have paid £260m for 13% + £24m for 1% = £284m for 14% = £2.03bn.

£260m for 13% + £73m for 1% = £333m for 14% = £2.38bn, so close enough to round up to £2.4bn for the purposes of this thread. The overall value of the 14% they purchased gives a valuation of around £2.4bn.

The last sentence sums it up for me "moving in the right direction" all aspects of the club are thriving and kicking on, it is a lovely feeling to have. There are no nasty surprises or bumps un our road ahead. Players are happy, staff are, fans are happy and even the money men are nodding happily.

This is what utd had to a lesser extent in their pomp and it really twisted a knife in my gut. Everything was on the up for them and i thought i would never see the day we were any good let alone better that the current (at the time) best team in the country.

I get the idea our momentum in all areas is not even close to being maxed out either, would that be correct @Prestwich_Blue ? For example i understand utd's commercial opportunities are not as large as they once were, only so many noodle sponsors you can have etc.
United's revenue, even with their participation in the CL, will be flat this year. Their commercial revenue hasn't moved much for the last 2 years. They've got their shirt naming deal and their kit deal in place for a few more years and those are the two biggies, probably accounting for about half their overall commercial revenue. Broadcasting revenue isn't going to move and any move will only be in line with what we and everyone else gets. They've maxed out matchday revenue without putting up prices significantly. These noodle &tractor deals don't bring in that much I reckon.

We've got a new kit deal coming up and it seems that Etihad have increased their naming deal. If we start getting to CL semi-finals and finals regularly, our broadcasting revenue could go up £20m or more a season. I think we could catch them up in 2 or 3 years or at least close the gap significantly.

United's revenue, even with their participation in the CL, will be flat this year. Their commercial revenue hasn't moved much for the last 2 years. They've got their shirt naming deal and their kit deal in place for a few more years and those are the two biggies, probably accounting for about half their overall commercial revenue. Broadcasting revenue isn't going to move and any move will only be in line with what we and everyone else gets. They've maxed out matchday revenue without putting up prices significantly. These noodle &tractor deals don't bring in that much I reckon.

We've got a new kit deal coming up and it seems that Etihad have increased their naming deal. If we start getting to CL semi-finals and finals regularly, our broadcasting revenue could go up £20m or more a season. I think we could catch them up in 2 or 3 years or at least close the gap significantly.

Hasn’t the rags stadium been reduced because of there enforced disabled seats they have to fit in. Think they going to lose around 3k seating.

Insightful stuff, cheers for that boss. Woodward better get his thinking cap on, one thing the Glazers won't like is signs of commercial stagnation.

Khaldoon and Soriano seem to have us perfectly set with the team ready to do their bit, exciting times.

Hasn’t the rags stadium been reduced because of there enforced disabled seats they have to fit in. Think they going to lose around 3k seating.
That reminds me. We'll be expanding the stadium adding to match-day revenue but the real biggie will be the development of the collar site. The revenue boost from that could leave the rest dead in the water.

That reminds me. We'll be expanding the stadium adding to match-day revenue but the real biggie will be the development of the collar site. The revenue boost from that could leave the rest dead in the water.

I imagine, if successful, that will be the main source of revenue growth for us. I think the major European powers are starting to hit the limits of commercial revenue. The growth in revenues worldwide will make CFG the biggest footballing entity in decades to come and make Sheikh Mansour a tidy sum, but in terms of City alone I can't see us being able to surpass the likes of United via traditional revenue streams, it would have to be something unique like that, which would probably end up being excluded from FFP calculations by UEFA anyway after a rule change.

...which is why they should do every fan a favour and reduce SC prices and stick to them for ten years! It would do wonders with the moral of the fans who are feeling the pinch with all the price rises and increased number of cup games since we've been good.

Come on City you know it makes sense. Away tickets were reduced and capped for a reason, it's what needs to happen with SCs for home fans now as well... not just at City - everywhere! Then fleece the corporate lot for every penny they have!

So in a business sense, for a short time only, we have to mind the gap, which is closing.
In terms of where it matters, ie, on the pitch, the gap between us is getting bigger all the time..

Nice.

No. They will have set a price that reflects the overall cost of a 14% stake in the group.

On a simple basis they've paid about £335m in total for 14% of the group, which would valued it at around £2.4bn compared to the £2bn it was value at when they bought the 13% stake.
That’s not how we normally work out the total capitalised value of a company.

Edit: seen your other post and replied below.

I'll try. I've checked all the relevant documentation and the key statement is actually in the previous year's accounts, the ones to May 2016. In the note about Share Capital it says that after the year end CMC paid £3.96 a share for 18.43m shares, which is £73m. That was July 2016. After that transaction they were reported as holding about 14% of the shares. They'd already paid £3.54 a share for 75m shares in December 2015 to give them a reported 13%. So actually this is old news.

Ignore the fact they paid £265m for 13% and £72m for 1% as we simply don't know how the deal was worked out. Some of the money from the original deal was for shares bought from ADUG I believe, which would have gone through ADUG's accounts rather than CFG's. The key figure is the price per share. which rose from £3.54 to £3.96 in just over 7 months. These share prices are consistent with a group valuation of £2.1-2.2bn and that figure is itself consistent with a supposedly reliable valuation model.
Ok yeah that makes more sense. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.