Champions League 2014/2015 Pot 2

Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal, Benfica are in pot 1, and Schalke or Porto.

Porto being third in their league, it means its qualification round for them, if they dont mess that up they are Pot 1. If they fuck up Schalke pot 1.

If we would get Schalke as the strongest opponent in the group finally we could finish first surely. Even with Porto or Benfica. With Real/Barca/Bayern/Atletico no guarantee of that.

I would love some glamour ties in the group but this time around I would want us to be favourites to top the group for once leaving us with hopefully a decent tie in the first knockout round.

I think if these squad restriction sanctions come into place then I don't see us going past the quarters to be honest, then againt Atletico and Dortmund have proved you don't need big squads to get to the final of this competition.

Bruun said:
I thought we would pass on Champions League next season.

I don't think we get a choice, Champions have to play - shame really. I'd be half tempted to reject UEFA's fine and offer it to the next best placed team in the league.

Get an easy groip, get first. Win in play-offs against a 2nd group team.

Move on to next stage. Amything from ther onwards is a step up.

The worst teams from pot 1 3 and 4, obviously. Easier the group stage the better our chances in the league and domestic cups. CL is hard enough in the latter stages, don't wish for it to be any harder than necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.