Champions League 2023/24 - Last 16 Draw | City v Copenhagen | Tues 13th Feb (A) Weds 6th March (H)

Pick the 8 teams you think will go through

• Total voters
Apologies if posted already, but I've had a look at away allocations at our potential opponents this season:

Porto: 3,200
PSV: 1,600
PSG: 2,000
Copenhagen: 2,250
Napoli: 2,500
Lazio: 3,600
Inter: 3,900

We got 3800 for Copenhagen last season in the group stage, wonder if it would be the same this time if we draw them?

1702892009730.png

My homemade draw. Would be an interesting trip against the fascists.

PSG and Inter are the teams you'd prefer to avoid. Leipzig are a lot better now than when we first played them, but obviously not relevant for us.

Bayern/Real v Inter/PSG ideally.
Arsenal v Leipzig as they're probably the next hardest.
And then PSV, Lazio, Porto or Copenhagen for us. Happy days.

I think we beat them in a pre season friendly at Maine Road in 1988, just after they’d won the European Cup the previous season.

I convinced myself that made us the Champions of Europe until the season started for proper and we lost the first game at Hull and then got twatted 4-1 at home to Oldham.
Played them in August ‘87 as part of four team tournament (us , PSV, United and Mineiro).
We beat Plymouth 2-1 opening game that season. Then drew away at Boundary Park 1-1. Finished 9th that season.
It was the following year we got the results you mentioned- and got promoted at Bradford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.