Champions League - 2023/24 - Leipzig, FK Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys

Who is the biggest threat to us retaining the trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They get to claim expenses from UEFA up to a specified limit.

The club's involved make a lot of money from these games. It's all relative of course but if you win a game or two, it can represent a significant amount of their annual budget.
The New Saints travel to Sweden and lose 3-1. I just can’t see them making any money from the adventure whatsoever.

The New Saints travel to Sweden and lose 3-1. I just can’t see them making any money from the adventure whatsoever.
The qualifiers get a 3% cut of the overall TV deal €3.5b. Useful article here

They can make more in the qualifiers than they get for winning their domestic league. The chairman of TNS said in 2019 that if they won their 2nd qualifying round tie it would equate to more than their annual budget in prize money.

It's good for the club's involved but it's the main reason you tend to get the same clubs each season, unless they invest it poorly.

They can make more in the qualifiers than they get for winning their domestic league. The chairman of TNS said in 2019 that if they won their 2nd qualifying round tie it would equate to more than their annual budget in prize money.

It's good for the club's involved but it's the main reason you tend to get the same clubs each season, unless they invest it poorly.
Thank you for the link, very interesting read.

Bar Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Napoli, who will be the main threats, and maybe Inter, AC, and Arsenal, it’s there for the taking again. I’m not counting United as I don’t think they will mount a serious challenge.

That aside, City fans deserve a nice easy trip to London after Istanbul and the disgraceful bus park incident.
Don’t know about napoli, I anticipate regression.

They get about €300K for that round. A couple of years ago, they made around €1m.

Winning the Cymru Premier Europa League Play-Off final is worth about €300K. Not to be sniffed at at that level.

They get about €300K for that round. A couple of years ago, they made around €1m.

Winning the Cymru Premier Europa League Play-Off final is worth about €300K. Not to be sniffed at at that level.
League of Ireland champions will receive a measly €125,000

The money made is peanuts by PL standards but allows them to dominate their domestic leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.