Champions League 2024/ 2025

To me it is a marginal improvement. More varied games in the group stages and a decent incentive to win your group. It appears that it is not only your own group you need to take into consideration as it appears an overall table 1-36 is compiled at the end of the group stage. My reading of this is that a team with more points finishing first could end up lower than a team finishing second in another group?
Two or perhaps 4 extra games to win the trophy puts extra pressure on another treble buy hey who gives a fuck about that now. .
There will not be a group stage, it’s a league of 36 from the start, each team plays 4 at home and 4 away, top 8 qualify for the round of 16, 9-24 than play qualifiers to determine which teams join the 8 automatic teams through to the knockout stage.

The historical element is being removed and the number of places in the new format will be based on points earned by each federation’s teams in the 36 team league, we could end up cheering on The Dipper, Rags, etc, not comfortable with that at all.

Much more likely that they’ll be cheering us on. In fact if it had happened last year with Liverpool looking like finishing fifth from a way out, they’d have been relying on us to get England enough points to finish above Spain and Italy.

Will teams in the Champions League still compete in the League Cup?

Is the group stage still going to run between September and December?

It's going to make the months between September and December more expensive for cup scheme members if so.

None of this is done to improve the competition, it's all about dragging more revenue from sponsors and supporters.

I'll likely suck it and see but I'm edging closer every season to just becoming an arm chair tbh.
I’ve read the initial 8 games will be played over a 10 week period and one week will include 3 games, one which will be a weekend so the Premier League match will need to be rearranged.

In other words, how can we keep the usual suspects in the competition for as long as possible … it’s a shit format and UEFA can fuck right off as far as I’m concerned, not that they will give a flying fuck what I or any of us think…!

Much more likely that they’ll be cheering us on. In fact if it had happened last year with Liverpool looking like finishing fifth from a way out, they’d have been relying on us to get England enough points to finish above Spain and Italy.
Just to confirm the points earned is not aggregate it’s the points divided by number of teams.

Just to confirm the points earned is not aggregate it’s the points divided by number of teams.

And also teams like Newcastle and Villa who don’t have any points, will start off with the average points of the English league.

Not quite sure if I think that’s fair or not.

In other words, how can we keep the usual suspects in the competition for as long as possible … it’s a shit format and UEFA can fuck right off as far as I’m concerned, not that they will give a flying fuck what I or any of us think…!

I’m struggling to see how this format increases the chances of the “usual suspects “ prolonging their run in the competition?

There will not be a group stage, it’s a league of 36 from the start, each team plays 4 at home and 4 away, top 8 qualify for the round of 16, 9-24 than play qualifiers to determine which teams join the 8 automatic teams through to the knockout stage.
I am only going by the OP in which it clearly states there will be 4x9 Groups with teams playing each other once 4 home and 4 away. I struggle to see how fixtures are arranged in a group of 36 from the information stated.

You need to explain yourself better as this is a random knee jerk comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.