Champions league draw 29th August 2019 - Group C (Shakhtar, Zagreb, Atalanta)

UEFA really stretching the concept of KO times being released 3 hours after the draw. I think the draw FINISHED just before 5 55 UK time.

So should be anytime now

There is actually a real argument whether it should be Messi or Bernardo...

VVD shouldn’t even be in the discussion — they lost 4 games (of 13), with a GD of +11 in the only competition they actually got a trophy in — there’s absolutely nothing amazing about his performances or contributions other than he plays for Liverpool and they won the CL.

Couldn’t agree more but I left out mentioning Bernardo just for the sake of avoiding bias claims. Ask a football fan for a key moment in any champions league game last season involving vvd and you won’t get a response. I strongly suspect you’ll struggle for a response from a scouser too because there wasn’t one, he won it purely on reputation. Was going to say it’s a testament to the power of the media but it’s voted for by the media so hardly surprising.

He played only one leg of the last 16, the semi final he played in a side that was torn apart at the nou camp and but for woeful finishing would and should have conceded 6/7. Their return comeback leg, Barca choked and barely had the ball in the oppositions final third to give VVD anything to do and likewise in the final spurs offered nothing with an injured Harry Kane doing nothing his only person to take care of.

Domestically he won nothing and internationally he was rinsed by Bernardo and friends as they lost in the final. If they’d have won the thing grinding out clean sheet after clean sheet then fine but it’s Liverpool’s attack and pressing that won them the cup

UEFA really stretching the concept of KO times being released 3 hours after the draw. I think the draw FINISHED just before 5 55 UK time.

So should be anytime now

Took a lot longer last year

18/09 - Shakhtar v Man City

01/10 - Man City v Dinamo Zagreb

22/10 - Man City v Atalanta

06/11 - Atalanta v Man City

26/11 - Man City v Shakhtar

11/12 - Dinamo Zagreb v Man City

For those interested I flew into Ljubljana for a couple of nights and got the local bus to lake bled beautiful. The train is about 6 Euro to Zagreb nice hotel next to the station the esplanade a bit pricey but amazing. Fantastic city takes about 2 hours 25mins there is a brilliant street of bars very oldie worldie
Tkalčićeva Street is what it is called

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.