Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Pretty sure I read that from the last 16 the draw is totally seeded like it is in tennis so in theory the two teams who finished 1st and 2nd will be seeded to meet in the final. But let’s say we finish 16th and somehow a team like Benfica finish top we would be drawn against them in the last 16, home first leg though. Think the top eight will play first leg of last 16 away. I think eighth will play ninth, seventh to play tenth etc. it’s all about money though. As fans it could mean four more games just to reach the last 16.
Cheers for that pal. Do you know anything re prize money etc too?

Saw this on beeb hys thought it was funny… the United fans afterwards were a bit droll

Attachments

• IMG_9689.jpeg
    IMG_9689.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 161
Has anyone asked why Leipzig are in pot 1 yet?
The 36 teams are listed from top to bottom by their UEFA coefficient I think
I’m confused, Leipzig are 11th in the coefficient listing so should’ve been in Pot 2
Also Arsenal are 4th in the coefficient but ended up in Pot 2, surely they should’ve been in Pot 1.

Attachments

• IMG_6986.jpeg
    IMG_6986.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 81
lost.gif

I’m confused, Leipzig are 11th in the coefficient listing so should’ve been in Pot 2
Also Arsenal are 4th in the coefficient but ended up in Pot 2, surely they should’ve been in Pot 1.

In theory. But it's also always been better in theory to finish top of the group and thay foesnt aleays workoutto be true either.

You're relying on practically the entire schedule going as predicted for it to actually be of any benefit. Theres more games that no manager wants this season so most teams will probably look to secure top 8 or 9-24 depending on their aims and then take it, concentrate on the league, play a weakened side in the last few games when they can and take whatever happens.

Between the last week of November and last week of December we've got spurs, Liverpool, united and villa amongst others. Lets say for arguments sake we've already secured a top 8 finish going into the last couple of games, i doubt we're going to be sticking out a full strength side in search of top spot that might not even give us any benefit in the last few games that are crammed inbetween that set of league fixtures.
Agreed. Which is why I said probably. Perfectly possible in the old system to finish top of the group and Barca or Real finish second on their group negating the 'advantage'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.