Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

I have no idea how legitimate this is or isn't, but I saw it going around on Twitter. Apparently, we have the 'easiest' fixtures. I imagine it's just based on club European points or something along those lines so means very little.

IMG_2133.jpeg

I have no idea how legitimate this is or isn't, but I saw it going around on Twitter. Apparently, we have the 'easiest' fixtures. I imagine it's just based on club European points or something along those lines so means very little.

View attachment 129978
Fucking great isn’t it. You need a degree to understand it. The last Champions League died for me when the final was Dippers v Spuds. Between them (at that point) neither had won the league for a combined 70 years. I have no idea what this shit is. Nor am I interested enough to try to understand it.

Premier League is where it’s at, until the red tops find a way to destroy that as well.

Fucking great isn’t it. You need a degree to understand it. The last Champions League died for me when the final was Dippers v Spuds. Between them (at that point) neither had won the league for a combined 70 years. I have no idea what this shit is. Nor am I interested enough to try to understand it.

Premier League is where it’s at, until the red tops find a way to destroy that as well.

The CL died for you a couple of years before we gloriously won it.

That must be hard.

The CL died for you a couple of years before we gloriously won it.

That must be hard.
You can only say it after winning it. Otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes. But yeah, nice to win it merely to stop the “Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that!” Songs. But I much prefer a Premier League win. Sorry, but there it is.

View attachment 129978
No rhyme or reason behind the numbers as far as I can tell. I think the gyst of it is the higher the number, the easier the fixture, but the number can't be based on anything other than gut feel. Seems to suggest when we play Juventus in Turin is ranked a 3, but Juventus in Leipzig is ranked a 0. So they're considerably more difficult away from home.....

So the only way I can make any sense of that is if they're factoring in our co-efficient, which is high. Because ours is higher there is a greater disparity between the others, but makes this pointless if trying to assess the difficulty of opponents. If Liverpools coefficient was as high as ours or real Madrid then it would make it look like they've got an easy group too.

As far as I'm concerned, as English champions we play the Italian champions, French champions, Belgian champions, Portuguese champions, Czech champions, and Slovakian champions. There are more league champions in our fixtures than any one else's.

So round of 16, the only draw is to put teams into left or right side of the road to the final....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.