Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

So round of 16, the only draw is to put teams into left or right side of the road to the final....

That isn’t explained properly. For the round of 16, I know I shouldn’t assume, but I assume the 1 seed plays the lowest seed that advanced from the playoff round. The second seed plays the second lowest seed that advanced from the playoff round and so on.

Just thinking quickly about this I think the main goal is to finish top 4 from the league stages. Sound familiar??

For example let’s say the top 4 are:
1) Real Madrid
2)Bayern Munich
3)PSG
4)City

The soonest we could play Real Madrid or the highest remaining seed would be the semifinals.

Humor me the above is just for arguments sake.

That’s why I think there’s going to be tons of dead rubber. Does it really matter if we finish 1st or 4th?? Given the horrible fixture congestion it might not be worth trying to field strong team for games 7 and 8 and perhaps even game 6.

I’m not a fan of the computer picking the games. But the previous group stage games were getting boring.

Bar Inter, Juve and PSG, we should be pretty much through.

As for the build up to the draw itself, it was all about Mr President.

It was broken from day one.
Champions league….erm, except…erm…it’s full of teams that aren’t…erm…champions.
Exactly.

When the murders won it for the 6th time by beating a shit Spurs team in the final, they finished 4th in the PL the previous season.

If its one League to start with and the top 8 automatically go through,with the clubs positioned at 9 - 24 who have the play offs,whats the format for the club/s who finishes 8th and there are 4 teams with the same points,who goes through, is it goal difference etc ?
You just don`t know with UEFA organising it ?

Last edited:
What's the expected allocation for Bratislava does anyone know?

Lisbon, PSG & Turin shouldn't be too difficult for a ticket imo

Fucking great isn’t it. You need a degree to understand it. The last Champions League died for me when the final was Dippers v Spuds. Between them (at that point) neither had won the league for a combined 70 years. I have no idea what this shit is. Nor am I interested enough to try to understand it.

Premier League is where it’s at, until the red tops find a way to destroy that as well.
It's a piece of piss to understand the basics, and a rejig the competition needed.

You probably want to go back to a straight knock out where a top side plays 4 games against part timers then a final to win it.
Worked for the Dippers in the 70's & 80's I suppose!

The PL, where a tin pot outfit like Bournemouth can blow big clubs like Leeds or Sunderland for example, out of the water with transfer fees and wages just because they're in the PL and the others aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.