Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

You can only say it after winning it. Otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes. But yeah, nice to win it merely to stop the “Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that!” Songs. But I much prefer a Premier League win. Sorry, but there it is.
Most people do but that doesn't mean the CL is nowt does it!

Pot three seems to get the harshest draws in relation to the club's standings. The most interesting group I recon is Stuttgart's.

Tough groups for Brest, Shakhtar, Salzburg, Red Star Belgrade, Feyenoord, Lille, and Dinamo Zagreb.

Tough draw for Girona too, actually. A baptism of fire for them in the UCL. I hope they trounce their opponents from the EPL, and put in a good showing of themselves in general. I think I saw Pere in the crowd.

As for our draw, I'm happy enough with it. I don't think there's anything I'd have dreaded to get, but it's a nice mix and it will be fun to face Inter again, relive some memories and hopefully pick up where we left off with them. Only time we've faced 'em previously was the final, so a pretty good record I'd say. Nice little trip to Bratislava too.

I had been dreading the change to the new format, but I'll admit it has thrown up a great list of fixtures across the board. I think the quality of competition going in was quite high this year anyway, but I've warmed to this format a bit having seen the inaugural draw.

I'll never be fully comfortable with it being computerised, just one more way to introduce foul-play without anyone seeing. I don't buy all the talk about "they can't use balls for the whole thing because it takes four hours", if that's how long it takes to do it, then just make the draw four hours.

If its one League to start with and the top 8 automatically go through,with the clubs positioned at 9 - 24 who have the play offs,whats the format for the club/s who finishes 8th and there are 4 teams with the same points,who goes through, is it goal difference etc ?
You just don`t know with UEFA organising it ?

Well you do if you look on their website or any number of websites that have reproduced it.

What's the expected allocation for Bratislava does anyone know?

Lisbon, PSG & Turin shouldn't be too difficult for a ticket imo
Stadium capacity is only 22,500. Based on that, allocation (5% of capacity) will be around 1,100 tickets.

Is it now true that CL fixtures are played on Tuesday , Wednesday AND Thursday? Also if this is true why is the BBC highlights programme on a Wednesday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.