Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Just seen this on internet in the event of teams finishing level on points.

Head-to-head is out. The first factor will be goal difference and goals scored. If that doesn't get the job done, then there's a tally of the points gained by the tied clubs' opponents to determine a difficulty level of the teams faced.

Time to get the calculators out !

I rather suspect that we have one of the hardest set of games, I will be checking it out this morning.
I agree and thought it immediately after the draw. I seem to think that Arsenals is considerably easier and could actually see then having a higher league placing. Our homes are OK ish, but the aways don't thrill me at all. And you just know our difficult aways will be around about the time of our most challenging PL fixtures. You know it now.

I agree and thought it immediately after the draw. I seem to think that Arsenals is considerably easier and could actually see then having a higher league placing. Our homes are OK ish, but the aways don't thrill me at all. And you just know our difficult aways will be around about the time of our most challenging PL fixtures. You know it now.
If you go by UEFA coefficient then we have the hardest fixtures, but to be honest none of our opponents have me concerned.

If we are the 24th team, even if it was due to an own goal, I will attempt my first back flip from a standing position. I have avoided this so far, for the obvious reasons of a lengthy stay in hospital and the whole pain in the arse learning to walk again pish. That to us will be like winning the fucking thing to the top teams. I shit you not.

In the knockout phase, the teams that finish between 9th and 16th will be seeded in the knockout phase play-off draw, meaning they will face a team placed 17th to 24th – with, in principle, the return leg at home. The eight clubs which prevail in the knockout phase play-offs will then progress to the round of 16, where they will each face one of the top-eight finishers, who will be seeded in the round of 16.

To strengthen the synergy between the league and knockout phases, and to provide more sporting incentive during the league phase, the pairings of the knockout phase will also be partly determined by the league phase rankings, with a draw which likewise determines and lays out the route for teams to reach the final.

From the round of 16 onwards, the competition will continue to follow its existing format of knockout rounds leading to the final staged at a neutral venue selected by UEFA.

From UEFA.com

The round of 16 and beyond will now be seeded, so the teams who finish first and second in the league phase cannot face each other until the final.

From The Athletic

I haven't been able to find the full competition regulations but this means we should not get a load of dead rubbers at the end of the group. It may well make the group stages better. Seeding the knockouts like tennis, as this implies, makes things better for the better teams - which we currently are one of.

As for the draw - am happy with Bratislava, Milan and Sporting as never been to the former and love the latter two cities. PSG I will swerve.

OK so if you know why dont you let us all know smart arse.
A forum is to help pass on info etc between fellow supporters who ask a question.

It wasn’t so much the asking of a question which amused me. It was the implied criticism of the answer before you knew it.

Anyway, I apologise for my rudeness.

530e290a77ea21c11acf9518b7a07cc1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.