Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Checking the 36 sets of fixtures the ones draw by these teams have the highest total co-efficients.
  • Feyenoord (598.4)
  • PSG (592.2)
  • Red Bull (573.9)
  • Sparta (565.7)
  • Lille (563.1)
  • Benfica (553.6)
  • Slovan B. (549.2)
  • A.C. Milan (542.4)
  • Stuttgart (540.5)
  • A. Madrid (532.0)
The teams we are playing total 522.5 and our set of matches is 13th on the list.

In the top 12 sets of matches we appear 6 times our other 2 games are in the 17th and 25th set of games.

In that top set Bayern & R. Madrid have 4 matches, Leipzig & PSG 3, Liverpool 2, Barcelona & I. Milan 1 each.

Dortmund have struck lucky and don't appear until the 18 hardest set.

This is all based on the co-effecients used for creating the 4 pots and takes no account of a team as good as Aston Villa being so far down the pecking order.

People continually moan about the clear corruption of UEFA, the 100% money driven nature of the whole organisation, the clear and obvious agenda against our unwelcomed team, the snide on pitch refereeing decisions given at big moments to knock us out (what felt like) every year, the weird VAR calls against us, the favouring and protection shown to the 'European Royalty' clubs, the eyebrow raising fines, ...etc...etc...etc, yet somehow can't bring themselves to see that it's a big circus and that it's a fucking joke of a competition.

32 teams down to 16 after a two legged tie.
16 down to 8, then 4, then 2 and finally crown the CHAMPIONS.
Now that's a cup competition I can get behind.

But then you run the risk of a Grasshoppers Zurich vs Lokomotiv Istanbul final and that wouldn't please 'the public' as we all know 'they' want a 'European Royalty' final. It's all smoke and fucking mirrors, just like FFP and PSR and all the other bollocks that's been spun out at us.

The singular driving force of this sham is in maintaining the old elite.

Died so much further back in time than that shitty spuds v scousers final.

The competitions a joke, glad we won it, would like to win it again, but it's a fucking circus.
Far more succinct than me. Bravo sir!

coeff points imo not a showing a real picture for strength

Arsenal away is lot harder than Lepzig away, and if I am a manager I much sooner want to play Brugge away from pot 2 than Villa way from pot 4 despite Brugge having significantly better coeff point.

I am happy we only have 3 of 8 opponents from the 5 top leagues while Liverpool have 7 of 8.

coeff points imo not a showing a real picture for strength

Arsenal away is lot harder than Lepzig away, and if I am a manager I much sooner want to play Brugge away from pot 2 than Villa way from pot 4 despite Brugge having significantly better coeff point.

I am happy we only have 3 of 8 opponents from the 5 top leagues while Liverpool have 7 of 8.

Villa’s Coefficiency is a bit of an anomaly as they took the average for the English league.

There’s no perfect system. There are sides in the lower reaches of the English league, who’ve never played in Europe, that would probably be a tougher game than sides from other nations that are in it every year.

But if you’re going to have some kind of seeding, it’s probably the one fairish way.

Like the much derided FIFA World rankings. Everyone focuses in on the odd position that seems to be a bit off. But they’re actually a pretty accurate picture of the strength of teams at any given time. And more often than not, results back that up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.