Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

More unnecessary money grubbing bollocks by the clubs, UEFA & TV companies.

Fans of all home clubs should boycott the first 15 minutes of every game .....that would look great on global TV.....and then fly Black Flags for the rest of the match in between throwing tennis balls on the pitch every 10 minutes.

"And now for tonight's latest news at 3.40am"

Give em shit !!

Bratislava great for me. I will be there.

This btw why, among others, UEFA altered the format. More games, teams, locations in play - more customers (supporters) relates and income is higher. Simple.

This table is still wrong, they've forgot about our CL win points. Who do I complain to about it

Everyone seems to forget this is a sweetener to the Clubs who were pursuing the European Super League.

The Clubs have driven this not UEFA.
They wanted 10 games originally, this is a compromise for just the next three years. They could easily have used the current format and split into 3 seeded groups of 12, then follow the random home and away games against different opponents with the same criteria for knockout qualifying, 6 matches in total.

However it's the greedy UEFA organisation so what did we expect? It'll probably be 10 games from the 27/28 season when FIFA announce the Club World Championship is going to consist of 128 teams and played for the whole of July.

It's getting a joke, the UEFA championship this year was very poor on quality due in part to fatigue, I think. It's why Rodders has been given extra time off, he was knackered and injured at the end of UEFA competition, Pep has done the correct thing but something has to give in the future.

They wanted 10 games originally, this is a compromise for just the next three years. They could easily have used the current format and split into 3 seeded groups of 12, then follow the random home and away games against different opponents with the same criteria for knockout qualifying, 6 matches in total.

However it's the greedy UEFA organisation so what did we expect? It'll probably be 10 games from the 27/28 season when FIFA announce the Club World Championship is going to consist of 128 teams and played for the whole of July.

It's getting a joke, the UEFA championship this year was very poor on quality due in part to fatigue, I think. It's why Rodders has been given extra time off, he was knackered and injured at the end of UEFA competition, Pep has done the correct thing but something has to give in the future.
Nothing will change whilst greedy clubs allow greedy organisations to do whatever they please. At some stage the goose will stop laying the Golden Egg,

I gave up forking out for the CL several years ago and have not once regretted that decision.

Nothing will change whilst greedy clubs allow greedy organisations to do whatever they please. At some stage the goose will stop laying the Golden Egg,

I gave up forking out for the CL several years ago and have not once regretted that decision.
I hear what you are saying but I do enjoy the CL games, especially when it gets to Winter, just something to look forward to and the atmosphere is generally very good but we do get a lot of tourist.

I think UEFA is definitely influenced by clubs who want similar revenues to PL outfits, the Italian's, Spanish, German's want a bigger share of the pie.

Pep has said himself he's not happy with the number of games, it's just too much, something's got to give.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.