Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

I like the 32 team format with 8 groups of 4. The top 2 go through to the last 16. Easy to understand and about as fair as it could be.
This new format is complicated and a lot of games played to get rid of 8 teams. There isn't much jeopardy in the league stage for the top teams.
I suspect that's the point

Good article and clears up the couple of remaining things I was unsure about.

This is an interesting snippet if you can’t be arsed reading it all. Their mock simulation created the following outlook going into week 8. Obviously there’s no guarantee it will turn out like this but if it’s anything like it, they’ll still be plenty of interest right through to the end.

e21778f7a4305b11eff9a9d0a35b5b54.jpg

Whatever happens it’s going to be an unprecedented night on week 8, with 18 matches played simultaneously.
Would be interested to know how many points the simulation had 24th place in after 8 games, I could be wrong but I think 9 points might be enough. I think our second string would get that easily, would we rather have a hard last 32 onwards with players who are considerably fresher having played 8 less games or an easier run to the final with ours stars having 8 more games under their belts?

Would be interested to know how many points the simulation had 24th place in after 8 games, I could be wrong but I think 9 points might be enough. I think our second string would get that easily, would we rather have a hard last 32 onwards with players who are considerably fresher having played 8 less games or an easier run to the final with ours stars having 8 more games under their belts?
Interesting point I was already thinking about.

I think Pep goes for the easier run and I would agree. You have to keep your eye in not jump in and out of the CL.

The simulation states that the top 2 ranked teams avoid each other till the final, while 3rd and 4th avoid each other till semis. In our interst to finish as high as possible, so that the knockouts are easier to start with

The simulation states that the top 2 ranked teams avoid each other till the final, while 3rd and 4th avoid each other till semis. In our interst to finish as high as possible, so that the knockouts are easier to start with
I know hence why I said easier run, but assuming we finish 24 we would then the 9th team which should be straight forward we then play the first seed and beat them we become the 1st seed and avoid 2/3 until the final having played 8 (or 6 depending on the last 16 tie) games without our stars leaving them far fresher for the run in.

Just musings about how to play the system, in the face of all UEFAs propaganda on how it's going to be ultra competitive and the bestest tournament ever, when in reality it's about money and protecting the status quo.

Can’t fit the whole image in. But if you count up from 36th at the bottom.
2d96dbc0cf82ea0921b24dd18130ca63.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.