Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Could be two League Cup semis as well (if they've not moved them from their usual dates). - Unless we throw this cup as we have a couple of times.
I know it's fourth priority but we were level with the dippers at eight wins each but they've now moved on to ten.
8th January and 5th February for the league cup semis

I got Bayern, Leverkusen, Dinamo Zargreb and Sturm Graz at home - with Barcelona, Juventus, Feyenoord and Slovan Bratislava away.

Is it right that I got 2 German teams?
As I understand it, it is possible or even likely to play two teams from one country.

The restriction as far as I'm aware is aimed more at the number of English teams we can play. Because everyone plays different fixtures it doesn't mean that Bayern would play Leverkusen.

I think the information out there is vague so it's going to be a case of seeing how it plays out this season

As I understand it, it is possible or even likely to play two teams from one country.

The restriction as far as I'm aware is aimed more at the number of English teams we can play. Because everyone plays different fixtures it doesn't mean that Bayern would play Leverkusen.

I think the information out there is vague so it's going to be a case of seeing how it plays out this season
Recipe for a complete balls up.

There must be some restrictions about certain countries not getting each other, or have all the problem ones been eliminated already?

Recipe for a complete balls up.

There must be some restrictions about certain countries not getting each other, or have all the problem ones been eliminated already?
Yeah I think they could prevent it still if they had to - eg Ukrainian v Russian or Serbian v Kosovan, but it's difficult with Pot 1 and 2 because there's so many English, German, Spanish, and Italian teams. If I've read correctly, it's unlikely (but not impossible) we will play an English side this year, but if England had 5 or 6 teams competing it might have been difficult to avoid.

Happy to be proven wrong but I have not read that there is a maximum number of teams you can play from other nations. I ran it before and got 2 Dutch teams and 2 Belgian teams, and Leverkusen. Probably all within a couple of hours of each other.

It is complex by design but it is open to manipulation and if I was in charge, I'd try to ensure teams don't play teams they played last season where possible. I don't think I can watch us play Leipzig again.

Could be two League Cup semis as well (if they've not moved them from their usual dates). - Unless we throw this cup as we have a couple of times.
I know it's fourth priority but we were level with the dippers at eight wins each but they've now moved on to ten.
And that fact annoys me intensely... it really does.

The initial intention was that only two teams from a nation with five participants could be paired, and then only if it would need a re-draw to separate them.

Yeah I think they could prevent it still if they had to - eg Ukrainian v Russian or Serbian v Kosovan, but it's difficult with Pot 1 and 2 because there's so many English, German, Spanish, and Italian teams. If I've read correctly, it's unlikely (but not impossible) we will play an English side this year, but if England had 5 or 6 teams competing it might have been difficult to avoid.

Happy to be proven wrong but I have not read that there is a maximum number of teams you can play from other nations. I ran it before and got 2 Dutch teams and 2 Belgian teams, and Leverkusen. Probably all within a couple of hours of each other.

It is complex by design but it is open to manipulation and if I was in charge, I'd try to ensure teams don't play teams they played last season where possible. I don't think I can watch us play Leipzig again.
Sure I read somewhere that you can’t play a club from your own association and a maximum of two clubs from the same association in the group stage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.