Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Yeah I think they could prevent it still if they had to - eg Ukrainian v Russian or Serbian v Kosovan, but it's difficult with Pot 1 and 2 because there's so many English, German, Spanish, and Italian teams. If I've read correctly, it's unlikely (but not impossible) we will play an English side this year, but if England had 5 or 6 teams competing it might have been difficult to avoid.

Happy to be proven wrong but I have not read that there is a maximum number of teams you can play from other nations. I ran it before and got 2 Dutch teams and 2 Belgian teams, and Leverkusen. Probably all within a couple of hours of each other.

It is complex by design but it is open to manipulation and if I was in charge, I'd try to ensure teams don't play teams they played last season where possible. I don't think I can watch us play Leipzig again.

Can’t be bothered checking the exact wording but I’m almost certain that the only chance of having two teams from the same country is those with 4+ teams. And even then they’re hopeful it can be avoided.

So no chance of two Dutch or Belgium teams being drawn together.

Can’t be bothered checking the exact wording but I’m almost certain that the only chance of having two teams from the same country is those with 4+ teams. And even then they’re hopeful it can be avoided.

So no chance of two Dutch or Belgium teams being drawn together.
So I agree that two Dutch teams won't play each other (and the two Belgian teams won't play each), but I think I'm right in saying we could play 2 Dutch teams or 2 Belgian sides as far as I'm aware. There's no groups, so everyone will have different fixtures.

So I agree that two Dutch teams won't play each other (and the two Belgian teams won't play each), but I think I'm right in saying we could play 2 Dutch teams or 2 Belgian sides as far as I'm aware. There's no groups, so everyone will have different fixtures.
Not sure about that. I thought each team played eight matches as though they were in groups, but the table covered all 36 clubs. There are no group tables.

And, while the draw is completely automated, the schedule for home/away days will take them two days to figure out, and will not be confirmed until Saturday 31st ! That’s when we’ll all be on Google flights for the away legs !

At least I’m not going to have to get up at 5am like in previous years. In fact, who the fuck is going to watch this ? when there’s no balls involved ?

And, while the draw is completely automated, the schedule for home/away days will take them two days to figure out, and will not be confirmed until Saturday 31st ! That’s when we’ll all be on Google flights for the away legs !

At least I’m not going to have to get up at 5am like in previous years. In fact, who the fuck is going to watch this ? when there’s no balls involved ?
Will those dates further be delayed by TV scheduling and Tuesday or Wednesday factor?

'automated software will randomly draw 8 opponents...', hmm, no opportunity for skulduggery there then!!
And if it's all done by computer, why does the gravy train have to meet in, errm, Monte Carlo, to administer it? Well, CL proceeds have to go somewhere I guess, "pass the petrus, Aleksander..."

'automated software will randomly draw 8 opponents...', hmm, no opportunity for skulduggery there then!!
And if it's all done by computer, why does the gravy train have to meet in, errm, Monte Carlo, to administer it? Well, CL proceeds have to go somewhere I guess, "pass the petrus, Aleksander..."
I have been a computer programmer in my time.

Stick a bit of code in like - IF MCFC get team with low co-efficient then try again.

The teams in each pot with the highest co-efficients other than ourselves are:
  • Pot 1 = Bayern (144.0) R. Madrid (136.0)
  • Pot 2 = Leverkusen (90.0) A. Madrid (89.0)
  • Pot 3 = Feyenoord (57.0) Sporting Lisbon (54.5)
  • Pot 4 = Slovan B. (30.5) Monaco (24.0)
Slovan have not yet qualified but we are guaranteed to get A. Madrid after the Alvarez transfer.

Will those dates further be delayed by TV scheduling and Tuesday or Wednesday factor?
Match dates are as follows. It's the Tuesday or Wednesday bit that will take 2 days to work out.
UEFA's treatment of fans who travel to away games really pisses me off. They should do a skeleton draw at the start of August and fill in the gaps as teams progress through the qualifying rounds. Fans would then know the dates and venues for about six of the eight fixtures.
It's not ideal but clubs that have to qualify shouldn't benefit from high coefficients at the expense of travelling fans.

Matchday 117–18 September 2024
Matchday 21–2 October 2024
Matchday 322–23 October 2024
Matchday 45–6 November 2024
Matchday 526–27 November 2024
Matchday 610–11 December 2024
Matchday 721–22 January 2025
Matchday 829 January 2025

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.