Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

I’m the same. Is it a league? Is it groups? Fuck knows and fuck knows how it’ll go, I do know this though - it’s ours this season.
I must admit seeing Pep lift the trophy at the home of the German Rags is an attractive prospect.

I still cannot quite get my heid around this new format
The draw is complicated but to summarise:

• You will play two teams from each pot, one at home and one away.
  • The teams you play and whether you play at home or away is determined by a computer.
  • There is no group, all 36 teams are in one league.
  • If you finish top 8, you qualify for the last 16 directly.
  • If you finish 9-24 then you have to play a two legged tie to qualify for the last 16.
  • If you finish 25th to 36th you are completely eliminated from Europe (no dropping into Europa League etc).
  • The knockout stages are largely determined by where you finish in the league stage so it's essentially a tennis bracket (picture below).
  • There is no country protection after the league phase so we could play Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa from the knockout playoff match (before round of 16) if we and one of them finish 9-24th in the league. Before now you could not play them before the Quarter finals.
r1300213_1296x864_3-2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.