Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

Dortmund, Leipzig, and now Bayern.

I'm starting to think we have something with the German teams this season...

I mean as grateful as I am to Pep for everything he has done, I have no belief that he will not overthink against Bayern and fail to set us up to exploit them like Haaland did routinely at Dortmund.

Or even that if we did get past Bayern, he wouldn’t put Stones or god forbid Walker up against Vinicius…
Think he over thought on Tuesday

This season should put to rest the banter about us always getting easy draws!

Liverpool and Chelsea in the league cup.

Chelsea and Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Bayern and potentially Chelsea/Real in the CL.

Brutal season.
It is about time really. Our frequently easy Cup draws were starting to get a bit boring to be honest. In 12 previous years we only really had the odd big domestic Cup game and the odd big European name in the CL KO stages. The rest of the time our draws have been littered with games against Newport, Fulham, Burnley, Boro, semi finals against BristolC Burton Brighton, finals against Stoke Wigan Sunderland and Watford, Shakhtar, Leipzig, Basel, Shalke, Lyon and English teams in the CL KO stages that we were about 24 points ahead of in the Prem each time and lost all of them.

Even saying that, this season, we’ve also had Southampton in the EFL Cup and lost, Bristol City and today Burnley in the FA Cup, a very straightforward CL group where we only broke sweat in the last 15 minutes against Dortmund at home, and Leipzig (one of our usual easy wins against a non-Bayern German side) in the Ro16.

In 12 years of CL football, we’ve only been drawn against Madrid twice and Paris twice as exciting names from the continent in the CL KO stages. Oh and that brilliant Monaco side from 2017 n’all, they were one of the best teams we’ve ever played but the build-up to the tie wasn’t that of big names coming to town as they were all unknowns other than Falcao.

Now we’ve got the potential run to the trophy of Bayern, Madrid and Napoli/Inter. Rather than being brutal, I’m thinking ‘that’s more like it!’

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I claim we were favourites or would win it?
Just a view showing historical strength and of particular interest the Strength of the two Milan teams and Benfica.
Neither did I say you did. Just that stats show you so much. Real just have a weird aura in this comp when it gets to knockouts.

I think we need a couple of goals lead to take to Munich, they are a proper force on their home patch. That cnut Mane has to be watched very carefully

Right, let’s be honest, they will be shitting it more than us….their forum will be flapping.

Against Madrid, we battered them home & away and we missed clear chances to put that tie to bed - we didn’t, they scored 2 late goals and the rest is history.

Now we have Haaland, this man will be the difference - fuck Mane and the rest of the German Rags, we’ll beat them as they won’t sit back like 99% of the teams we have to play.

Going to the Alliance Arena 2nd will be tricky, but we’ve been there and done that before.

They are good but not unbeatable,
since January they have :
Played 12
Conceded 16 goals
Which they have played PSG x 2/Leipzig

Since January we have :
Played 17
Conceded : 11
Which we have played United/Chelsea x 2 /Arsenal x2 /Spurs/Leipzeg x 2

We need to have a bit more confidence as the players will.
We’ve had our blip at Forest, Spurs etc…..now it’s crunch time and i have faith on our boys

City 2-0 Bayern
Bayern 1-2 City

And no doubt, fuck the German supporting BT sports panel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.