Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

Pretty much the date is confirmed only the time to he confirmed but it'll almost certainly be a straight swap with us taking Uniteds 5.30 TV slot and them taking our Sunday TV slot due to them playing in the europa league on the Thursday.

This is what City advised when the April TV games were announced 'Our home game with Leicester City is now scheduled for Sunday 16 April with a 16:30 kick-off. That is dependent on City’s participation in the Champions League and Manchester United’s involvement in the Europa League and could be moved to Saturday at 17:30 or 19:45.'
Thanks again.
I saw that when april fixtures were announced. Trying to organise stadium tours etc.

Don’t want to put a pisser on any possible CL final between City and Napol in Istanbul, but these are some of Napoli’s Ultras looking for Frankfurt Ultras in Naples. Now times that many Napoli Ultras by X and more in Istanbul. Obviously they won’t be wearing motorcycle helmets in Istanbul in June. :-) We will be massively outnumbered by the Napoli fans. The flight time each way is 2.30 hours. Napoli fans can also get to Istanbul by car, coach, and ship. If City win the final against Napoli it will be absolute carnage after the match. But I’ll be there standing my ground with my fellow blues.:-)

View attachment 72427

View attachment 72428

View attachment 72429
For someone who doesn't want to put a pisser on a possible final between ourselves and Napoli, you're having a good go at it.
Napoli and Frankfurt had some sort of beef with each other, with Frankfurt fans probably having a worse reputation for trouble in the last few years, and from what I heard it was them looking for the trouble.
Not sure why you're thinking we'll be massively outnumbered either.
I'd expect us to have as many fans as them, and possible more.
Naples is generally a poor City, I'd be surprised if they travelled in the large numbers you think.
You maybe right, but I don't think we need the scaremongering. Anyway, it may never happen.

Not my preferred draw. Bayern and City are probably the two teams everyone wanted to avoid. We will win if we play to our level which is very good.

Rather play them now than at semi-final or final stage. Definitely.
If it's got to be done, it's got to be done. Let's deal with it. If we're good enough, we're good enough.

Edit: it is kind of interesting, though, to look at who United had to beat on their way to winning the European Cup in ’68. Setting aside the final in which they trounced a Benfica who were way past their best, they had to face the mighty opposition of Hibs, Sarajevo, and Górnik Zabrze. Arguably, only Real were top quality opposition.

Last edited:
Don’t want to put a pisser on any possible CL final between City and Napol in Istanbul, but these are some of Napoli’s Ultras looking for Frankfurt Ultras in Naples. Now times that many Napoli Ultras by X and more in Istanbul. Obviously they won’t be wearing motorcycle helmets in Istanbul in June. :-) We will be massively outnumbered by the Napoli fans. The flight time each way is 2.30 hours. Napoli fans can also get to Istanbul by car, coach, and ship. If City win the final against Napoli it will be absolute carnage after the match. But I’ll be there standing my ground with my fellow blues.:-)

View attachment 72427

View attachment 72428

View attachment 72429
The Italian scrappers don’t travel just hang around their own spots waiting for passers by, the Frankfurt fans they had were actually linking up with Atalanta apparently and they jumped in

So having skim read the 118 page mammoth, do we get an announcement on dates of games this evening for certain, or could/will it be tomorrow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.