Champions League Final | Istanbul Hotels/Areas

Looks like I'm doing Friday to Sunday on my own.

Please can someone send me a reasonably priced (read: cheap) hotel that is easy to get to and where other people will be staying so I don't book a place in the middle of nowhere that I have to try to get back to on my own at night.

is cash king over there or can we do contactless? I do t want to be walking about with loads of cash if I don’t need to.

Sounds like anywhere near Taksim square will be decent enough reading here. Will take a look around there myself and jump on that if that’s the consensus.

Flights into Istanbul from the Middle East where I’m working seem about £200 direct return which isn’t bad at all. We’re looking to maybe do 8-11 June.

Please can someone send me a reasonably priced (read: cheap) hotel that is easy to get to and where other people will be staying so I don't book a place in the middle of nowhere that I have to try to get back to on my own at night.
Loads of Airbnb. I paid 48 quid a night for 2 nights. Staying in Fatih. 40 mins from ist airport and about 1.20 mins from ground. Done some research and apart from the odd bollocks about Syrian refugees, it close to loads of bars etc and is safe.

Plenty of reasonable places around Galata. Easy links to metro, local trams and ferries to Kadikoy.

is cash king over there or can we do contactless? I do t want to be walking about with loads of cash if I don’t need to.aj

is cash king over there or can we do contactless? I do t want to be walking about with loads of cash if I don’t need to.
Most places take major cc. But take cash too. Also if using a taxi download a local version of Uber. That way you lock in the price. Traffic can get bad which can lead to taxi drivers getting creative.

Melas Hotel- Looks decent. Got it at 400 for two nights on the friday and saturday free cancellation a few months back. Sold out now.

Most places take major cc. But take cash too. Also if using a taxi download a local version of Uber. That way you lock in the price. Traffic can get bad which can lead to taxi drivers getting creative.
Cheers mate, what are costs like over there for a pint etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.