Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Not the performance was hoping for tonight. But double cup winners in a fucked up year for the whole world. Proud of what we accomplished, just would have felt 'better' to lose with some blood and guts if we couldn't win it. Gotta listen to fuckin chelsea fans sing it out at the social club down the road. Ah well. Better team won. Time for HRH to open up the purse, world class striker, DM and leftback please.

Turned off at final whistle.
Piss poor performance all round. We didn’t deserve to win, our team selection was shocking. 1 shot on target.
Funny how that handball was hushed up, it would have been given against us.
Rudiger is a dirty cünt and knew what he was doing to KDB.

We were lucky not to concede 3 or 4, yet couldn’t even make their keeper save one!

Sterling is comedy, couldn’t trap a bag of cement, same shit different day from him.

6 easy points for Chelsea next season. Pep never learns.

That was our best chance to win CL. I don’t think we will get near it again.
why is it our best chance to win????...we are one of the dominant forces in Europe.....Barca, Madrid Juve all need major rebuilds....PSG are a bunch of Galacticos and as a result are very unpredictable...munich will always be strong but so will we.....Chelsea obviously are very strong and will take some beating in the prem next year as well but thats the target

we will have chances again starting next season.

That was a good chance to win it but one change has screwed everything up

Never really turned up. Of course to some it will be all Pep's fault, others will find an individual to pick at. The reality is we came up against a top side who exploited a below average performance. Players who have been sensational all season didn't rise to the occasion. Not convinced the presence of Fernandinho would have made much of a difference in all honesty - they had a field day with balls in behind the back 4, and our real issue was going forwards. Felt like Raz was the only one who wanted to take his man on and make something happen.

This game did show why we need a world class centre forward - false 9 can be nullified by a good defence.

Ultimately, as gutted as I am (especially for my old man who made the trip), I'm not going to overreact. It was a poor performance but I saw no lack of effort or will. Just not our time.

Still champions of England, which is just fine with me. Especially considering where we were in December.

Onto bigger and better things next season and beyond.

That's the thing though, I think we were undone by Pep, we lost this game when the team sheets came out. I think if we played like we have pretty much the last 6 months we would've won it
I actually think Chelsea defended incredibly....BUT you are right - I don't think they score if we play our usual 11. This is all part of being a City fan. Fuck it, wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.