Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I know what you mean. I only said the last month because you can normally tell the form players are in
Cancelo had a brilliant 3/4 of a season but has tailed off. The same with rodri.
So for sterling to start was criminal in my opinion. Does he have a clause in his contract that he must start these types of games ?
That can be the only reason why he has started
I just think Pep figured he cannot be shit forever and hoped he might step up. Tbf, Sterling does tend to make things happen sometimes with great runs and running at defenders.

Of course the outcome is always that he kicks his own leg, trips and falls over. But occasionally another of our players can benefit from the melee. Providing they are not laughing too much.

Even with all our attacking talent we hardly had any chances. I think we just struggle against high class counter attacking teams (United?). Still, the Premier League is always my number one target and we have had an utterly brilliant season. Thanks everyone.

Even if Pep had setup differently I still think we'd of found it very tough. Chelsea are a good side, they setup really well for this competition and we were always going to struggle dealing with their breaks. Most teams don't know how to deal with us and the warning signs were there when we played them in the cup, they hadn't changed at all.

This sums up the Champions League though, it's more about game management and hitting when it counts than being the best team. It's one of them where they'll never win the Premier League playing like that but it's perfect for a cup final as the underdog.

I don't know if Pep overthought it but he certainly has met his match in a manager that knows how to deal with how he sets teams up. We could of played for another 90 minutes last night after making the subs and nothing would of changed.

We'll be back, we have played in a champions league final so this will surely spur us on to better things.

yeah especially against a team who play like Chelsea if it was a PSG or a Madrid peps way is fine. Funny though last ten minutes pep through his philosophy in the bin with hoof ball unless it was the players who thought fcuk it get it in the box..
I think panic had just set in Tbh mate

Sick of reading this crap about Sterling shouldn't have been playing. He's scored 10 goals from 31 Prem starts this season. On that basis Chelsea should have lost because they picked Werner - he's only scored 6 from 35 starts so Tuchel could have dropped Werner for the same reasons based on that theory.

I cannot believe that so many people are so naive that they think all you need to do is pick your current best 11 players and you'll win. I can't believe I'm having to say this, but it doesn't quite work like that.
Worked for Chelsea…

We were out thought, Chelsea were the best team from start to finish. Tuchel has city’s number with the false 9 situation. Should of changed it at half time, brought a striker on, left it too late.

I just wonder if, despite his " I don't care about the referee" verbals, Pep was genuinely afraid that Fernandinho would be targetted by the referee and get an early red card, hence the weird team selection. No other possible theory springs to mind.
Well, just play Rodri instead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.