Champions League Final | Single Person

I’m travelling alone get there Thursday about 4pm, leaving on the Monday , need to get to airport about 2pm for flight home anybody wanting to share a taxi ? (Sabiha Airport)

I’m travelling alone get there Thursday about 4pm, leaving on the Monday , need to get to airport about 2pm for flight home anybody wanting to share a taxi ? (Sabiha Airport)
Get the bus mate. Less than £3. Havabus I think I was called.

Just sit in and around Taksim Square if you're alone and wanting to be social. Blues are generally proper friendly once the ice has been broken.

Was going with my best mate but he died suddenly on Monday morning. Obviously a shock and I’ve changed my mind back and forth whether to go through with our plans or not. Settled on he would want me to go, so I’m all in.

Nearly chucked it in when I found out on Thursday our outward flight to Bucharest on the 9th was cancelled but rebooked for the day before (any ideas what to do for a day in Bucharest?).

At 3.20 yesterday still awaiting access codes coming through I had accepted my fate that Istanbul was just not meant to be this time, but the email appeared and the single ticket was bought.

This trip won’t be the same as the loads we went on together following City (including Lokeren, Porto and Istanbul the first time, don’t ask).

The empty seats/bed will be difficult to bear but I know I’ve got to be there and that trophy has to be won.
So very sorry to hear about your friend. That’s really sad. RIP Blue.

Personally, I think you’re making the right decision.

Get the bus mate. Less than £3. Havabus I think I was called.

Just sit in and around Taksim Square if you're alone and wanting to be social. Blues are generally proper friendly once the ice has been broken.
Cheers for the feedback very much appreciated

Was going with my best mate but he died suddenly on Monday morning. Obviously a shock and I’ve changed my mind back and forth whether to go through with our plans or not. Settled on he would want me to go, so I’m all in.

Nearly chucked it in when I found out on Thursday our outward flight to Bucharest on the 9th was cancelled but rebooked for the day before (any ideas what to do for a day in Bucharest?).

At 3.20 yesterday still awaiting access codes coming through I had accepted my fate that Istanbul was just not meant to be this time, but the email appeared and the single ticket was bought.

This trip won’t be the same as the loads we went on together following City (including Lokeren, Porto and Istanbul the first time, don’t ask).

The empty seats/bed will be difficult to bear but I know I’ve got to be there and that trophy has to be won.
So sorry to hear this, condolences on your loss I've no doubts he'll be watching from above

In regards ‘the worst that can happen’, I beg to differ

I’m always traveling on my own, and have ended up being welcomed in to many a group at European away games.

Unfortunately, some times, those groups include drinking machines 20-30 years younger than me, and whilst I’m 57, It seems I’m still incapable of ‘knowing better’. As such, I end up pissed at 3am post match walking around some strange town in the ass end of Europe
As long as you don’t come home with a ripped ass, you’ve had a good trip

will be alone there for the weekend, no match ticket - god knows if i'll even try to get one.

i'll be heading to Taksim Sq i guess, hope there's people around all day as it sounds like most match goers will be gone by 2pm or so

Flying in from Bangkok for the match before heading back to Spain.
Got hotel not far from Taksim
No ticket as of yet

RIP Blue, I am sure he'd be saying bloody well go mate - have a cheer and beer for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.