Champions League Games 7/8 March

Thanks, Domalino, you answer the question I was about to ask. I thought it was a red card because K made no attempt to play the ball. I didn't see the first half when I believe Arsenal looked good. Could someone tell me just how good they were, as I don't trust BT (!). After the sending off Arsenal's collapse was hard to believe. What were they playing at???

They were quite good, but Bayern had a 4 goal lead, and they were playing like it.

It was basically a clichéd Arsenal performance - good when it didn't count. They got lucky for the goal, then had a good half an hour, but Bayern were never worried, and as soon as they came out in the second half and decided to go for the kill, they got it. Once the equaliser went in and koscielny was off, Arsenal were done. Heads dropped, Bayern were laughing, and then when it got to 2-1, Arsenal just gifted them 2 goals and it went from defeat to humiliation in 45 seconds.

Thanks, Domalino, you answer the question I was about to ask. I thought it was a red card because K made no attempt to play the ball. I didn't see the first half when I believe Arsenal looked good. Could someone tell me just how good they were, as I don't trust BT (!). After the sending off Arsenal's collapse was hard to believe. What were they playing at???

Not that good.. busy and hardworking without creating many (if any) good chances apart from the goal

member: 12700"]Top 4 leagues get 4 spots in a couple seasons time. English league won't end up outside the top 4.[/QUOTE]
Pitty the rags would never qualify if it was top 3 they can't qualify when it's top 4 ffs

However, BT are so incompetent they don't just not know the rules, they then go after a referee for making a completely correct decision and Rio Ferdinand then declares it will be the referees last game in the KO round of the last 16 because it's such a fuck up, Wright and Hargreaves spend a few minutes talking about how it changed the game and basically say we should blame it all on the referee.
Don't do that when we get the piss taken though do they ?

BT already did, and extended.
People have been talking about the bubble bursting in English football for a generation. I guess if they keep saying it they'll be right eventually, and full of self-righteous vindication when it happens, whilst simultaneously ignoring the previous forty three occasions they were hopelessly wrong.

It really pisses me off that Gary Lineker goes on TV after the game and says the referee made a mistake, when it takes less than 30 seconds to look up the IFAB rules and see that any push or pull is a red card in that situation if Koscielny isn't playing the ball - which he wasn't. BT's own in-house referee, Webb, has been on twitter correctly saying this was a good decision as well.

However, BT are so incompetent they don't just not know the rules, they then go after a referee for making a completely correct decision and Rio Ferdinand then declares it will be the referees last game in the KO round of the last 16 because it's such a fuck up, Wright and Hargreaves spend a few minutes talking about how it changed the game and basically say we should blame it all on the referee.

These people are a fucking embarrassment to journalism and football.

Correct. Absolutely embarrassing. It was a clear red and 100% pen I can't understand what these numbnuts are on about.at very least it was a pen which would have made it one all. A pen should be enough but under current rules he had to go.

Was
Correct. Absolutely embarrassing. It was a clear red and 100% pen I can't understand what these numbnuts are on about.at very least it was a pen which would have made it one all. A pen should be enough but under current rules he had to go.
Was he last man? I didn't watch it

Was

Was he last man? I didn't watch it
No, it was a deliberate foul preventing a goalscoring opportunity (ie no attempt to win the ball). So automatic red and penalty inside the area. Last man only applies outside the area now as the penalty restores the goalscoring opportunity.

I'll be mightily pissed pissed off if we don't win the CL this season. Bayern seem the best out there and flipping Arsenal scored twice against them. Mightily pissed off I'll be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.