Champions League Games | Quarter-Finals | 9/10/16/17 April '24

Tuchel is really pathetic looking for a penalty for the Raya/Gabriel incident. The whistle is not used to restart play from a kick-out, and there is no requirement for the ref to do so. If he does whistle, it’s more often than not a signal to ’get on with it’. To have awarded a penalty in that instance would have made a mockery of the spirit of the game, and probably the laws.
While I half-agree we all know Legohead would've been moaning about the exact same thing if the roles were reversed and a Bayern player had picked up the ball in the box after the ref had whistled for play to resume.

Would've been funny if the ref had given it though.

While I half-agree we all know Legohead would've been moaning about the exact same thing if the roles were reversed and a Bayern player had picked up the ball in the box after the ref had whistled for play to resume.

Would've been funny if the ref had given it though.
Of course. But Tuchel really is a Gollum-like creature, pathetic to the core.

For anyone who thinks this was a penalty, consider the following: the defender is holding the ball in his hands ready to place it for the kick-out; ref blows the whistle to restart the game, but ball is still in defender’s hands. A penalty kick? Preposterous.

I think the biggest take away foe me after last night’s fixtures is how much non-domestic refs often make a difference in the flow and outcome of games, especially when teams are used to having their constant shitehousing rewarded.

Our referee didn’t fall for the Real Madrid theatrics and neither did the one in the Arsenal-Bayern match.

He should have given a penalty for that schoolboy error (and ours should have booked Bellingham at numerous opportunities), but he also ignored an obvious trademarked Saka dangle-and-dive penalty shout that a PL ref (and/or VAR) would have probably given.

Someone else pointed out that, on balance, perhaps it is easier not to be influenced by the home side and fans when you are able to get on a plane right after the match and fly home, without foreknowledge of the domestic press and fans baying for your blood for perceived injustices.

Arsenal couldn't cope with Sane all night. Why did you guys sell him again?

We've a tough game against Villa at the weekend whereas Bayern can rest players as the league has gone. We aren't going through, we looked naive last night. Bayern weren't all that except were very potent and rapid up front.

We did miss a sitter to go 2-0 up and then Bayern broke and equalised so lesson learned there - don't fuck up your chances to score.

Jesus did well when he came on.

Just arriving into Barcelona before flying home tomorrow, great weather be watching psg/ Barca tonight what a great life we have now following the mighty blues

Tuchel is really pathetic looking for a penalty for the Raya/Gabriel incident. The whistle is not used to restart play from a kick-out, and there is no requirement for the ref to do so. If he does whistle, it’s more often than not a signal to ’get on with it’. To have awarded a penalty in that instance would have made a mockery of the spirit of the game, and probably the laws.
webb will be instructing his minions as we speak

Arsenal couldn't cope with Sane all night. Why did you guys sell him again?
I think he wanted to return home.
Jesus, Palmer and Zinchenko wanted to leave too, more game time, and Pep was not going to get in their way either

I think the biggest take away foe me after last night’s fixtures is how much non-domestic refs often make a difference in the flow and outcome of games, especially when teams are used to having their constant shitehousing rewarded.

Our referee didn’t fall for the Real Madrid theatrics and neither did the one in the Arsenal-Bayern match.

He should have given a penalty for that schoolboy error (and ours should have booked Bellingham at numerous opportunities), but he also ignored an obvious trademarked Saka dangle-and-dive penalty shout that a PL ref (and/or VAR) would have probably given.

Someone else pointed out that, on balance, perhaps it is easier not to be influenced by the home side and fans when you are able to get on a plane right after the match and fly home, without foreknowledge of the domestic press and fans baying for your blood for perceived injustices.
For me, it was that the ref was prepared to book their player within the first 2 minutes.
In the villa game, one of their players made a bad tackle in the first 10 minutes and wasn't booked even though if he had made that very same tackle 20 minutes later he would have been.

For me, it was that the ref was prepared to book their player within the first 2 minutes.
In the villa game, one of their players made a bad tackle in the first 10 minutes and wasn't booked even though if he had made that very same tackle 20 minutes later he would have been.
That’s definitely part of it, but he could have easily gone on to reward their shitehousing, as well, and he didn’t. He also didn’t give Bellingham (and Camavinga) a yellow for numerous fouls that probably warranted one, which would have seen both miss the second leg.

As someone that watches a lot of La Liga (and has done since he was very young), so sees how Real Madrid (and Barcelona) are very often refereed differently to the other teams in the league, I can say that is one of the things that stood out the most.

One of the reasons Bellingham and co were raging throughout the match is they are genuinely not accustomed to a referee failing to blow for a foul every time they fall over near an opposition player.

That, more than anything else, threw their game plan out of the window. They are simply used to get slightly or substantially favourable officiating more often than not, especially at the Bernabeu. And when they don’t get it, they throw their toys out of the pram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.