Champions League 'home grown' players

schfc6

With the rumours surrounding Micah being wanted by Real Madrid, it got me thinking just how valuable Micah was to City.
UEFA have their home grown rules. With Taylor the training goalie leaving the club and other English players not exactly first team starters will we be signing a couple of English lads?

UEFA's rule for home grown.
• UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

I see it as we need 4 home grown English FA accredited players, Barry, Milner, Hart, Lescott and AJ cover this. I'm guessing this is why AJ signed a new long term deal and was no doubt part of Milner's contract.

But 4 from our own academy?

Richards, Boyata? Do Razak, Rekik or Suarez count as they have not been here 3 full seasons?

Will this mean our Champions League 25 will have to include George Evans, maybe Devante Cole?

Obviously we need to replace Taylor with another training keeper, I'm guessing he will be English, so 4 home grown players will be easy there, but four of our own? Who will it be?

I'm not worried, I'm more than sure the club will have this in hand..

Aslong as there are spaces free in the 25 man squad it doesnt really matter, and anyone under 21 dont need to be included in the squad, so lets say we can only manage 3 homegrown players aslong as there is only 24 players in the squad we have 1 space left so we will be alright ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.