Champions league k/off times next year

5:55pm and 8pm that's gonna piss quite a few people off.
City v Barca 17:55 kick off on a Weds night.

Cheers for that.

All about grabbing more advertising revenue over the fans. Maybe a few empty grounds will change their minds?

It's only us and the Portuguese that will have a problem - the rest of Europe is an hour ahead.

Of course sensibly allowing countries with different time zones to change it (as in Russia) would never occur to them - can't have different kick off times you know.

I will never make it to home games for 5.55. So that’s me fucked. Ah well save a few quid.
They probably won't have games in the west of Europe kicking off at 5:55pm, that'll be Germany and further east. Makes more sense then as a local time.

As usual no consideration for the fans. It stinks to high heaven - but as long as they get away with it and fans keep turning up, they'll continue to do it.

It's like the bollocks 5.15pm kick off time for the FA Cup after a full day's premier league programme and no trains back to the North West after 7pm or whatever time it is.

When do we take a stand?

personally as someone who travels from NI, i would be able to make a 10pm flight to dublin at a real push...but of course i would have to take a half days holidays at least to get over... so happy enough to save on accommodation costs...10pm flight is usually only a tenner.

They probably won't have games in the west of Europe kicking off at 5:55pm, that'll be Germany and further east. Makes more sense then as a local time.

If it's just for the ones in the east, then it's perfectly sensible.

As usual no consideration for the fans. It stinks to high heaven - but as long as they get away with it and fans keep turning up, they'll continue to do it.

It's like the bollocks 5.15pm kick off time for the FA Cup after a full day's premier league programme and no trains back to the North West after 7pm or whatever time it is.

When do we take a stand?
25,000 Dortmund fans stayed away because their game was moved to a Monday night. English fans are essentially spineless. If the Etihad (or any other stadium) was completely empty for a 5:55pm kick-off then they'd think again. But it won't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.