Champions League Last 16 Draw - RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 or 10 of the 16 teams that will eventually go through to the knockout stages in the champions league are not champions.
This again. It's just a name. If they renamed it the European Cup would you be more taken? Because that, ostensibly, is what it is; the European Cup. 19 of the 20 teams that ply their trade in the Championship each season aren't Champions. Only two countries compete in Baseball's World Series, but I doubt that inspires antipathy with Canadians and Americans. It's desperate that we still have some fans play down this competition because of its name.

We need to win this competition to complete our progression. There's zero wriggle room for error. It's the hardest, most prestigious club competition.

And any City fan who prioritizes an Fa Cup or League Cup ahead of the CL, particular at this stage and given the circumstances, is a f*****g melt.

I have a sneaking feeling that PSG will finish second in their group.

Bus Wreckers to draw Bayern or Real Madrid would be just perfect.

They will probably get Benfica. For the 3rd year in a row.

This again. It's just a name. If they renamed it the European Cup would you be more taken? Because that, ostensibly, is what it is; the European Cup. 19 of the 20 teams that ply their trade in the Championship each season aren't Champions. Only two countries compete in Baseball's World Series, but I doubt that inspires antipathy with Canadians and Americans. It's desperate that we still have some fans play down this competition because of its name.

We need to win this competition to complete our progression. There's zero wriggle room for error. It's the hardest, most prestigious club competition.

And any City fan who prioritizes an Fa Cup or League Cup ahead of the CL, particular at this stage and given the circumstances, is a f*****g melt.
The "World Series" is a ridiculous name, derided constantly by anyone other than Americans. If were using their sporting names as a yardstick for quality then we've stooped pretty fucking low.

Also, the belittling of the FA Cup (started primarily by the rags in 1999) as the most interesting and most vaunted of cup competitions the world over is an abomination for football purists and is solely the result of money grabbing in the name of "elite competition" primarily by this version of the european cup.

However, if it means more to you then fine.

And there's not even one horse in the Ryder Cup.
giphy.gif

Are you sure?

The "World Series" is a ridiculous name, derided constantly by anyone other than Americans. If were using their sporting names as a yardstick for quality then we've stooped pretty fucking low.

Also, the belittling of the FA Cup (started primarily by the rags in 1999) as the most interesting and most vaunted of cup competitions the world over is an abomination for football purists and is solely the result of money grabbing in the name of "elite competition" primarily by this version of the european cup.

However, if it means more to you then fine.
Personally, I love the FA Cup, its history and giantkilling etc etc. I will be tuning in to a game or 2 over the weekend for the 1st round this coming weekend. However, to quote KK, "I would love it, just love it" if (When) we win old Big Ears as that apparently is what greatness is measured against and i want to just draw a line under it, as fking corrupt as it is, I really want us lifting that trophy!!
Although, this seasons final would be a logistics nightmare for me, I would move heaven and earth to be there in Istanbul with my fellow blues!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.