Champions League Last 16 Draw - RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankfurt had a small old town when I went a few years ago but nice enough.
Rough around the station though.

Have they not got some wannabe hoolies knocking around? Could do without another kick in after those cowardly twats at Sporting Lisbon.

Frankfurt had a small old town when I went a few years ago but nice enough.
Rough around the station though.

Have they not got some wannabe hoolies knocking around? Could do without another kick in after those cowardly twats at Sporting Lisbon.
Ah they're like most German fanbases, mental in the stadium but unless you've a rep or go looking for trouble it's unlikely you'll see it.

Only to armchair soccerball fans tuning in between games of FIFA22 and Jake Paul fights
What an absolute crock of shit. The Premier League is the biggest money making racket in football, it's a bastardised offshoot of our English top division but we still relish winning it year after year. Do the people banging on about Uefa's "corrupt cash cow" not see the irony in this? There are two major honours in club football for the biggest teams, two that are regarded as the benchmark: the domestic league and the European Cup. If you look back at the truly great teams of the last few decades, all of them will have a European Cup and a domestic league; won either as a double, or within a season or two of consecutive league wins. That's the reality. We've only won one of them. It's high time we won the other.

Burying your head in the sand and pretending our failures in it are insignificant is a classic defence mechanism.

And by the way, I haven't played FIFA in about twenty years and have no idea who Jake Paul is. But I'm now at the point where I want to see us lift this trophy before all others.

What an absolute crock of shit. The Premier League is the biggest money making racket in football, it's a bastardised offshoot of our English top division but we still relish winning it year after year. Do the people banging on about Uefa's "corrupt cash cow" not see the irony in this? There are two major honours in club football for the biggest teams, two that are regarded as the benchmark: the domestic league and the European Cup. If you look back at the truly great teams of the last few decades, all of them will have a European Cup and a domestic league; won either as a double, or within a season or two of consecutive league wins. That's the reality. We've only won one of them. It's high time we won the other.

Burying your head in the sand and pretending our failures in it are insignificant is a classic defence mechanism.

And by the way, I haven't played FIFA in about twenty years and have no idea who Jake Paul is. But I'm now at the point where I want to see us lift this trophy before all others.
You seem to equate commercial success with corruption which isn’t the case at all with the PL. In fact the outstanding worldwide commercial success of the PL is down in no small part to the purity of the competition and the very clear meritocratic nature of it. The English top flight, however it’s been branded has maintained the same format and conditions for decades. Each team plays the other home and away and the team that accrues the most points wins the league. It’s never changed other than a reduction in the number of competing teams. Entry to the PL is meritocratic and has had only one minor change in decades

Contrast this with the clusterfuck of made up ever changing rules and regulations that bastardise the CL. Pre qualifying, various arbitrary qualifying criteria all based not on a meritocracy but on money, extra places awarded arbitrarily, spurious coefficients, spurious seeding processes, teams from the same country kept apart, one group stage, two group stages etc etc etc

It’s utter shite and the very antithesis of the pure sporting competition that is the PL and that’s why the overwhelming majority of City fans would prefer to win the PL

Teams we can draw:

PSG
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Club Bruges
Frankfurt
Leipzig

Teams we can't draw:

Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Napoli
Porto
Benfica
Liverpool
Chelsea
Tottenham
Dortmund

It’s not done Arsenal any damage

You seem to equate commercial success with corruption which isn’t the case at all with the PL. In fact the outstanding worldwide commercial success of the PL is down in no small part to the purity of the competition and the very clear meritocratic nature of it. The English top flight, however it’s been branded has maintained the same format and conditions for decades. Each team plays the other home and away and the team that accrues the most points wins the league. It’s never changed other than a reduction in the number of competing teams. Entry to the PL is meritocratic and has had only one minor change in decades

Contrast this with the clusterfuck of made up ever changing rules and regulations that bastardise the CL. Pre qualifying, various arbitrary qualifying criteria all based not on a meritocracy but on money, extra places awarded arbitrarily, spurious coefficients, spurious seeding processes, teams from the same country kept apart, one group stage, two group stages etc etc etc

It’s utter shite and the very antithesis of the pure sporting competition that is the PL and that’s why the overwhelming majority of City fans would prefer to win the PL
doffs cap

Attachments

• 1667416056505.png
    1667416056505.png
    1 KB · Views: 8
Teams we can draw:

Inter Milan
Club Bruges
Frankfurt
Leipzig

Teams we could draw:

AC Milan or Salzburg
PSG or Benfica

Teams we can't draw:

Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Napoli
Porto
Liverpool
Chelsea
Tottenham
Dortmund
We could be doing with a couple of the English teams getting knocked out in the next round. Ruins the competition when we end up facing them and play like shite. Then go on to hammer them in the league. Fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.