Champions League Last 16 Draw - RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off those 12 teams that have qualified, 11 are from the 6 top nations in Europe.

There are 5 chamions. 3 runners-up, 2 third placed teams, and Benfica who were in a two legged play-off to qualify for the league stages.

The exception is Brugge (Belgium Champions) from the 12th best nation.

The 11 from the top leagues will increase to 13 when Group D gets decided.

So a guaranteed 13 out of 16 from the top six leagues, if Milan from group E and Leipzig from group F qualify then it will be 15 teams from the top 6 leagues.

The "competition" is just a money making racket.
It's almost as if the best teams in Europe are making the final stages.
Who needs a Superleague?
Oh yes - the teams who aren't good enough

Off those 12 teams that have qualified, 11 are from the 6 top nations in Europe.

There are 5 chamions. 3 runners-up, 2 third placed teams, and Benfica who were in a two legged play-off to qualify for the league stages.

The exception is Brugge (Belgium Champions) from the 12th best nation.

The 11 from the top leagues will increase to 13 when Group D gets decided.

So a guaranteed 13 out of 16 from the top six leagues, if Milan from group E and Leipzig from group F qualify then it will be 15 teams from the top 6 leagues.

The "competition" is just a money making racket.
You've lost me there - that is what you would expect surely?

If it were the opposite people would complain of an easy route to the final/no real challenges etc.

The group stage has been abit tedious and could do with some restructuring but I'm looking forward to the knockout stages.

Got a feeling we are going to be off to Milan for the next round,have we ever played Inter ?

What is the point of all the preliminary rounds?
Couldn't you say the same of any cup competition, should non league teams be denied a chance to play in the FA cup because by the time we get to the quarter finals it will be nearly all premier league teams?

You've lost me there - that is what you would expect surely?

If it were the opposite people would complain of an easy route to the final/no real challenges etc.

The group stage has been abit tedious and could do with some restructuring but I'm looking forward to the knockout stages.
My point exactly, all the qualifying is a complete waste of time. Straight KO competition between the top 64 teams on co-efficient or even more revolutionary a straight KO competition involving all the League Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.