Champions League Semi-Final Draw | Paris Saint-Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.
So home first in the QF and if through, away first in the SF.
And Home team for the Final if we get to Istanbul.

Not a bad draw.
They are currently 5th in the bundesliga but are way off the top two and have lost nine games in twenty five.
They are four points above Union Berlin.
Also they won't have their fanatical support behind them.
So that's all sorted then!
PS I was confident last year against Lyon.

Just read Haaland was booked in both games v Sevilla so could be suspended for the first leg. Anyone know for sure?

Shows the absolute nonsense of holding the CL out as some "holy grail".

Essentially, it boils down to the four best teams in Europe having a mini-tournament amongst themselves whilst the also-rans play for a tilt at one of them in a one-off cup tie. And if history is anything to go by, that will be decided by a dodgy penalty in normal time or a penalty shoot-out following a dour, drab shameful spectacle.

All of which suits Liverpool.

Not really, we've only really beaten PSG and a poor Madrid at the knockout stages of this tournament, also been schooled twice by Barca, torn to shreds by Monaco and completely nullified by Madrid. Team seems a different animal this year though.
I'm not talking about pre-Pep ties.

Madrid were best in Spain last season, much better than Lyon. And our performances against them were way better than against Lyon. We seem to struggle against underdogs under Pep. A tie with Bayern would be exciting, we won't be top dogs which will probably be good for us, if we beat the underdogs from Dortmund, that is.

I reckon we would beat psg

100% we beat PSG did you see them against Barcelona they won but wasnt really convinced. the amount of space they gave Barcas midfield in that tie any good player in midfield would expose them, if dembele could finish Barca would be facing Bayern instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.