Champions League semi-finals 18/19 August

I wouldn’t put us currently in the top 2 though in Europe as these 2 only play attacking football.They wouldn’t have dreamed of changing their attacking style against Lyon. So the 2 most attacking teams in the champions league are those 2 whilst we die wondering if we could have matched them.

I think the outrage in the post-match thread (an outrage which I shared, incidentally) was precisely that Pep had betrayed the team, and betrayed himself, inexplicably, in getting them to play that way.

I think the outrage in the post-match thread (an outrage which I shared, incidentally) was precisely that Pep had betrayed the team, and betrayed himself, inexplicably, in getting them to play that way.
I still think there would have been more outrage if you'd lost playing attacking football than if you'd won playing a bit more defensively like you set out to do against Lyon. That is, you're outraged because you lost; if you'd have won you wouldn't have paid much as mind about the style and tactics of it after the final whistle. But maybe it's just my Juve mentality and you're brave fans who prefer losing to changing playing style.

Most people have forgotten we didn't change our tactics against them last year, attacked them at home and still were beaten. Not seen it mentioned once but was quite obviously why Pep changed things initially to try and not concede early like we did last year. The reason we were beaten is we are weak in central defence and are using a kid and an ageing midfielder to try and cover our arses at CH. You just don't get away with it as this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.