Champions league spurs at home

I think many fans will wait for the outcome of the first leg before committing, a la Liverpool last season. If finances are an issue, probably why many are swerving the semi final

Pretty sure that Liverpool home leg had sold out before we played them in the first leg at their place. The PSG QF a couple of seasons before was the one where ticket sales were slow until we got that unexpected 2-2 draw in the first leg, with the ticket site crashing almost as soon as the final whistle went

My own preference would be to leave things as they are with the cheaper season tickets, but if/when we extend the ground devote an area for single game/citycard supporters, and importantly dont put them all on sale in August - put them on sale 4-6 weeks in advance of the game - and ideally not at a price approaching sixty quid?"

I agree that games should go back to only being available to buy 4 weeks before or whatever. One of the reasons people can't buy season tickets is they can't afford it or commit to all games, so then it is unfair that they also miss out on games due to not having the money or knowing if they can make that weekend, that far in advance. With TV fixtures not coming out til much later too how can someone who works Saturdays for example, know which games will be on a Sunday and so which they can attend.

I can imagine why City do it to get more money earlier in the season and so i bet they would be reluctant to revert back to how it used to be but it makes it difficult for supporters in that position to get seats where they want before they sell out, particularly the games towards the end of the season.

As Prestwich Blue has already said, the crowd for this game will no doubt be topped up by discounted tickets. Every CL match we are surrounded in the coach park by bus loads of school kids.
For this match my over-65's Cup Scheme ticket has cost me £40 - that's only £5 less than my son's Adult price and almost TWICE the averaged out cost of my Seasoncard on a match to match basis.
That is taking the piss, even for a CL Quarter Final. My FAC Semi ticket is less than that.
If, as I suspect, City distribute loads of tickets to school parties they'll be substantially cheaper than the normal concession price. IMO that's where the Club have got it all wrong.
If the prices were more realistic they could probably fill the stadium without handing out cheap seats to groups.

Getting a bit concerning that we're struggling to shift tickets for these next few matches. I'm not surprised in the slightest though, fans are being asked to shell out shitloads of cash in such a short space of time. Something has to give, and I applaud a lot of fans for making a stand against the prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.