Champions League

it makes no difference the napoli v villareal game as bayern will go all out to beat us, they like everyone else will want us out, they are scared of us, if they go easy and we get through we are a real danger to them in later rounds.

Our best hope would be for Villareal to hold out for 90 minutes but they have absolutely nothing to play for and with their league form dwindling, will throw out a reserve team and tell them to try their best.

3-1 Napoli

Bayern will try and end the group on a high by fielding a strong team but we will most likely get something out of the game.

2-1 Man City

de niro said:
it makes no difference the napoli v villareal game as bayern will go all out to beat us, they like everyone else will want us out, they are scared of us, if they go easy and we get through we are a real danger to them in later rounds.
Irrespective of what happens in the Villareal/Napoli match, Mancini will be looking to make a statement against Bayern, and I, for one, am confident this will happen. Don't give up yet cos its still not over.

napoli are at there best when counter attacking teams, they need to win in spain to be garenteed last 16, so they need to attack in spain..i can see a draw in spain, an city to turn it on against the germans with a 3-1 win..have faith fellow blues. it aint over yet :)

de niro said:
ardwickboy said:
lionheart said:
What a silly post. We may well beat Bayern next month, but Napoli will definitely beat Villareal so we are out this year. Hopefully we will get an easier group next season.
lionheart.........If King Richard went into the crusades with that belief he would have got his arse kicked, keep your chin up it is not the end of the world.

Richard wasn't deluded.
Actually, he was. History shows he spent more time in France than England (being from Aquitaine, I guess it's understandable) and apparently had the idea to sell London in order to fund his crusading. He foolishly returned from the Crusades via Austria - his sworn enemy and was taken prisoner and a substantial ransom was paid for his release. He died as a result of a gangrenous wound caused not by a Saracen knight, but by a crossbow bolt fired at him by a small boy who claimed Richard had killed his father.

All in all, a bit of a pillock really.

We might well go out, but I'd rather do it in style, especially as that tit Rummenigge cant shut his fuckin pie hole about City. Would love to give them a reminder that they are beatable.

Napoli will go at Villarreal like a house on fire. They will not stumble. Our CL adventure is over for the moment. The fact that we had a tough group is what I would have wanted anyway. Get some tough games in the group and it's great preparation for the knockout stages. Unfortunately, we slipped up in the home tie of the Napoli game, played a little naively in Munich but I have seen sufficient to believe that we could easily have qualified with a little bit more of the rub. It's all part of the learning process and next season it might be that we don't have to contend with a stiff group. There'll be more than a couple of clubs breathing a sigh of relief that they will not have to face us in a knockout match, Barca and Real included.

TFC said:
We might well go out, but I'd rather do it in style, especially as that tit Rummenigge cant shut his fuckin pie hole about City. Would love to give them a reminder that they are beatable.

If you are refering to his supposed comments in the press about "Finishing City off" he never said that.

I saw the interview after the match on Tuesday night which went - Interviewer " Will Bayern be resting players for the final game as you don't need a result ?".

KHR "Not at all. There is still the prize money and uefa ranking points at stake. In anycase it would be unfair to Napoli if we play a weakened team".

The headlines were simply media rabble rousing, he never even mentioned City. I doubt he could care less who else goes through.

What he said was spot on. Let's face it if City and Napoli were in reversed positions and we were playing the Italians you'd want him to say that and rightly so.

lionheart said:
What a silly post. We may well beat Bayern next month, but Napoli will definitely beat Villareal so we are out this year. Hopefully we will get an easier group next season.

Glass half empty then....Jeez...I didn't realise Napoli had been given a by!! Get real will you..I still think we will qualify!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.