Championship 20/21 | Sheff Wed, Rotherham & Wycombe Relegated

Like I said last week most likely scenario is we go down and take Derby with us.

All the bottom 4 could end up on 43 points.

Annoying thing for us is with the points deduction mid 40's would keep you up.

Can we change the title now as its just relegation to be sorted this weekend:

All eyes on Derby v's Wednesday.

Championship bottom four

After the team showing no heart for most of the season I see no reason why that will change tomorrow.

Didn't help last week that it came out that April's wages were late again, which I feel was reflected in the performance against Forest.

Stats aren't in our favour either:

Worst away record in the division, 15 defeats out of 22 games
We have gone behind in 21 games this season, from those games we have gained 0 points. Concede 1st game over
25 points dropped from winning positions
Our record at Derby is appalling too, since WWII we've only won 3 times there, twice in the league (last time being 2006) and once in the League Cup (1990, John Harkes Mulletted screamer)

In the past when we have been in one off game shoot out you always feel you have a chance as it's you or them, but it doesn't feel like that this time as we could win and still go down if Rotherham win at Cardiff.

If we somehow did manage to survive I think Derby could be the next club in trouble, from the outside looking in this Alonso takeover looks slightly concerning to say the least.

Derby avoiding a points deduction for pretty much the same thing as Wednesday did was fairly scandalous imo

As COVID seems to be a get out clause for finances at the minute we could end up with a situation where the only clubs who incurred a points deduction for FFP were Wednesday & Birmingham City.

Reading lost £43m in 19-20, even giving some sack for the pandemic that's still £4m than you're supposed to lose over 3 years.

In the past when we have been in one off game shoot out you always feel you have a chance as it's you or them, but it doesn't feel like that this time as we could win and still go down if Rotherham win at Cardiff.
That’s the exact same situation when City and Stoke both went down to the third flight in 1998. Won 5-2 but still went down because Huddersfield and Bradford tossed it off at home against our relegation rivals. Horrible

I will be watching today, with mixed emotions how the 2nd Division survival race goes. Our son chose Derby (or did they choose him) as it's near enough to where we live nowadays and he enjoyed going there a few years back (though he does like City), and I know he will stick with the Rams if they go down. I'm proud of him. He's that kind of lad. Not a glory hunter unlike so many are round here. I wouldn't want to change him. Derby are terrible this season and Rooney has made them worse. He's ruining and underusing a very talented 19 year old lad called Louie Sibley who was doing well before he took over. I suspect that our son is going to experience relegation for the first time today - something that I first experienced at 17 when Raddy Antic struck that cruel blow, four minutes from the end of the season in 82/83. Our son is just 10, but he has broad shoulders. I am torn, though. In all truth I don't want any of Derby, Sheffield Wednesday or Rotherham to go down. I have lived in Sheffield and now in Derbyshire and have friends who loyally follow each of those clubs. I've seen many games involving them, even when City haven't been playing. I've travelled over to City v Wednesday matches with friends like Neil when we've played each other over many years. It would hurt Derby or Wednesday more to go down as Rotherham are well run and punching above their weight as they yoyo between the divisions. They are too good for the 3rd Division and not quite good enough for the 2nd at the moment - probably the 42nd best team in England. I really admire their brilliant manager Paul Warne, who I saw play for the Millers several times at their old ground, Millmoor. I will still be delighted for my friends if Wednesday or Rotherham stay up. and gutted for our lad, and vice versa. For weeks I've wanted some other teams to drop into trouble rather than these three that I have a lot of time for, but that's football. Someone has joy and someone the very opposite. We've all been there haven't we Blues.

Derby are in shocking form ( 6 straight losses ) I think Wednesday win today they will stay up :) I just cannot see Dingle Micks Cardiff team losing to Rotherham today .............. least Wednesday know what they have to do .......... Derby are in limbo do they play for the draw hoping Rotherham fook up or go all out for the win leaving themselves open????

it’s gonna be very interesting hopefully Wednesday pull it off last thing you need is Rooney being lorded as an hero when his management start has been shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.