Championship Thread 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well City got promoted via the play offs in 1999.
And got promoted by actually winning the 2nd Division outright in 2002.
And yes it is great to get promoted and celebrate on the day of the winning game.
But City never organized an event or parade to celebrate, we waited until 2011 when we actually won a major trophy before having such an event.
But Forest are such a small time club that it doesn't come as a surprise what they did.
Nice one mate :-)

Only two clubs have done that so far so let’s cut them some slack as they’ve not actually done it yet.

No doubt they’ll sing that but none of them will probably remember it.
To when they sing WWYWYWS, we can reply "Where were you when you were good?"...

Actually I have a soft spot for Forest - have family friends who have been season ticket holders for decades and hence done the hard yards recently like we did a while back. Remember being taken to a game by them as a kid back in the 80s. Probably try and meet up with them in the home/away fixtures.

Looking forward to inflatable European Cups and the classic “champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that,” as the forest fans delve deep into their imagination for inspirational ways to celebrate being back in the PL after 23 years away!
Actually, I don’t mind it, especially if we can give the classic retort of “you’ve had your day out, now fuck off home.”
Don't forget they won the FA Cup when they beat Luton Town in 1959.
Personally I prefer Notts County.

Well City got promoted via the play offs in 1999.
And got promoted by actually winning the 2nd Division outright in 2002.
And yes it is great to get promoted and celebrate on the day of the winning game.
But City never organized an event or parade to celebrate, we waited until 2011 when we actually won a major trophy before having such an event.
But Forest are such a small time club that it doesn't come as a surprise what they did.
That’s bit unfair, mate. Did you see the state of the trophy that Andy Morrison lifted in 1999? Looked like something from Hough End, but didn’t stop us and the players celebrating like it was the World Cup!

After 23 years, and where they fell from, they deserve to celebrate.

That’s bit unfair, mate. Did you see the state of the trophy that Andy Morrison lifted in 1999? Looked like something from Hough End, but didn’t stop us and the players celebrating like it was the World Cup!

After 23 years, and where they fell from, they deserve to celebrate.
I'm old enough to remember when Forest actually won promotion from the 2nd Division by actually finishing in 3rd place under Cloughie in 1977.
He would have been astonished if they had organised an event to celebrate such a menial achievement.
I am going to stick with my opinion that it is such a small time mentality to celebrate finishing 2nd/ 3rd in the lower divisions.
When they actually win a major trophy,then I will willingly change my mind about them.

I'm old enough to remember when Forest actually won promotion from the 2nd Division by actually finishing in 3rd place under Cloughie in 1977.
He would have been astonished if they had organised an event to celebrate such a menial achievement.
I am going to stick with my opinion that it is such a small time mentality to celebrate finishing 2nd/ 3rd in the lower divisions.
When they actually win a major trophy,then I will willingly change my mind about them.
It’s not menial though, is it? Getting into the go flight has been discernibly hard for them and therefore deserves recognition as such. The longest we’ve spent out of the top flight since 1977 is four years. I’m sure if we’d spent nearly a quarter of a century below the PL there would have been some pretty big events!

What a shambles Birmingham are in. I’m listening to Laurence Bassini now on talksport, basically being mocked by Jordan. Declaring a player he wants to sign, before being stopped naming him by Jordan, for his own good I’d say.

Comical.

We really landed on our feet with our owner. Nothing but class.

What a shambles Birmingham are in. I’m listening to Laurence Bassini now on talksport, basically being mocked by Jordan. Declaring a player he wants to sign, before being stopped naming him by Jordan, for his own good I’d say.

Comical.

We really landed on our feet with our owner. Nothing but class.
I agree with you regarding our owner in comparison to others out there, most of whose sole aim is to make as much moolah for themselves at the expense of their own fans and the wider interests of the game.

Our owner's actions over the past 14 years remind me of President Theodore Roosevelt's attitude to foreign policy.. 'Speak softly.. and carry a big stick'..

Looking forward to inflatable European Cups and the classic “champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that,” as the forest fans delve deep into their imagination for inspirational ways to celebrate being back in the PL after 23 years away!
Actually, I don’t mind it, especially if we can give the classic retort of “you’ve had your day out, now fuck off home.”
Still not sure how they managed to beat the Mighty Malmo in the European cup final,what with the world's most expensive goalkeeper..and Trevor Francis the 1st million pound player?.
( no doubt forest fans will be on here pointing out he actually cost 1pence short of a million..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.