Champs League Draw

its not much about the fixing. its about how tv coverage dictates which groups should team go. in our case, correct me if Im wrong, it played a part.

keep football to football, not dictated because home viewers cannot switch from one channel to another or watch from two teles/streams etc at the same time.

Not bad that, CSKA poor, only problem Russia in mid winter, Roma not very good, finished second in a shit league, bayern, not as good under pep...

Matty said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
If we don't get 10 points off Roma & Moscow we want shooting. Then we take 4 off Bayern and bob's yer uncle.

I'm still confident we'll get out of the group, but that's missing the point to a degree. Having to play Bayern is fair enough, there was a 2/3rds chance of getting one of the tougher Pot 1 sides, CSKA is a bit shit due to the travelling and the plastic pitch, but it's the Roma one that's really shit. Yes, we can certainly beat them, but Malmo, Borisov, APOEL, Anderlecht, Ludogrets or Maribor would have been virtually gimme's with our squad strength, and we could even have rested a few against some of those sides. Roma will be 2 tough games, thrown in amongst some tough Premier League games.

Maybe it wont be two tough games though? What if its the last group game and it makes no odds?

I blame De Niro

"would like bayern during the oktoberfest. other than that porto early doors.

dont care i'm fucking having it wherever we go. Moscow too if i was being greedy".

We shouldn't get upset, we all know its rigged and will continue to be rigged against us until we get into Pot 1.

Other than giving the fans an away day not done before.

Played the Munes twice now first time got beat home and way last year won one lost one so maybe it is our turn to do them.

The others we should win.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys toss about this comp, rather win a domestic treble. Still better being in it than finishing 7th.

Matty said:
Rubbish draw.

Even if you ignore the fact that, yet again, we "somehow" manage to get the only tough side in the "easy" pot, it's still a shit draw. We had both Bayern and CSKA in our group last season, and this is the 3rd time we've had Bayern in just 4 seasons. It's getting a bit tedious now, I'd quite like one of the many, many other options out there if that's ok.

Getting the hardest side in pot 4 once is unfortunate, getting them twice is iffy, getting them 3 times in 4 years, after UEFA have already demonstrated their distain for our club with their borderline corrupt punishment, smells pretty putrid.

What have they got against Bayern?

dubblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So the champions of England get the most difficult group out of the four representatives?

Coupled with the farthest distance to travel in Europe?

Those saying stop moaning.

It's the direct impact the competitive nature of these games will have upon our Premier League fixtures.

Chelsea can literally afford to put the reserves out before they play us.

This is the real issue,it will cause us problems domestically.
People say this guff all the time when the reality is it has little affect! Year after year after year teams get out in tough groups or on far flung trips and the. Do really well a season long in a variety of leagues across the continent.

It's just moaning over nothing.

We'll be fine. Just like Barça Paris and Ajax will domestically despite their group together (yes Paris and Ajax have easier leagues but Barça don't!)

Another truly interesting group, which is the result of a fascinating system which fortunately told me that "there was only one group left for Manchester City - Group E with Bayern Munich", then put Juventus in with Atleticco!" Then did the same one round later with Roma! But it was nice to see Arsenal in pot 1 again with their impeccable record of always getting knocked out, going back 17 years now. So pleased they got a "not too difficult" draw as a reward for their istry and for being no ******* good for the last ten years. Not quite sure by Bayern are UEFA's chosen fall guys, but I think they and us will come through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.