Champs League Next Round (Merged)

Re: Will we qualify for KO stage if we beat Moscow at home?

I'll get excited in the semi finals if we get there

but its not an 'achievement' for us to get to the last 16

we've won in europe before after all.... ;-)

I'm much more interested to see us compete for the Premeir League title again tbh

Balti said:
well we should but its no big deal is it really

like getting through to the 5th round of the fa cup

good and all that but a long way from actually winning the trophy
Its a bit more important financially.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:28 pm --<br /><br />
bluestew666 said:
In all but mathmatically probability yes. But not officially.
i think so anyway.
CSKA couldn't catch us, and Plzen would need to beat us by 3 or more goals, and score 4 or more.

My priority is the Premiership.

However here's 3 extra factors which maybe important:

1) We could rest players against Plzen if we beat CSKA

2) Qualifying from the group will increase our confidence in Europe. Last season we put ourselves under pressure.

3) More co-efficient points which affect our seeding - and that has a knock-on effect on the Premiership as in 2-3 seasons we may get into Pot 1, and that means much easier groups and therefore improves our Premiership chances

we should aim to beat plzen as well as it gives money and helps with coefficients, but i can see us resting a few away at bayern as we would have to beat them by two goals to top the group

Most fans seem to rather win their domestic trophy, most owners would rather win the CL. Given our comedic failures in this competition, I'm excited to progress in it and not be a total laughing stock. That is exciting to me.

Balti said:
I'll get excited in the semi finals if we get there

but its not an 'achievement' for us to get to the last 16

we've won in europe before after all.... ;-)

I'm much more interested to see us compete for the Premeir League title again tbh

Agreed that the league is more important/interesting. Although, if we get to the knock out stages I can see the competition becoming a whole lot more exciting!

In terms of the actual question then yes - by beating Moscow we will qualify

The rules are that if teams are equal on points then the results between those two teams determine the placing. If the results are equal then it goes to goal difference.

However if bayern lose, then Pizner ( or whatever they are called) could still catch us by winning their remaining games and beating us 4 0......not going to happen

Most City fans get annoyed if someone from abroad calls United, Manchester. Why are so many people happy to do it with CSKA Moscow then despite there being three other teams from Moscow in the Russian Premier League - all three of whom are above CSKA in the league?

BringBackSwales said:
Balti said:
well we should but its no big deal is it really

like getting through to the 5th round of the fa cup

good and all that but a long way from actually winning the trophy

course its a big deal; nobody has said we will win the bloody thing but to get to the next stage would be a first and another move up in the club's history, it then gives us a shot of going further, and also improving our UEFA coefficient, so yeah its a big deal
Agreed. Very short-sighted to say it's no big deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.