Change of mindset

Will it have been the best climax to a premier league season ever? Nope (we claim the top two places on that list, quite easily).

Well in fact they experience a similar 93:20 moment in 1989 when Arsenal beat them to the Football League championship by scoring a last minute goal at Anfield

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_0–2_Arsenal_(26_May_1989)

A victory for Arsenal would have brought the two teams level on points. An Arsenal victory by two clear goals would have given them the title on goals scored, as the two teams would have been tied on goal difference at +37. A three-goal margin or more would have won Arsenal the title on goal difference. Any other result (i.e. a Liverpool victory, a draw or an Arsenal win by one goal) would have given the title to Liverpool.

Take no notice Marvin's on a wind up. Don't call them dippers....caught a few with that one.

Well in fact they experience a similar 93:20 moment in 1989 when Arsenal beat them to the Football League championship by scoring a last minute goal at Anfield

A victory for Arsenal would have brought the two teams level on points. An Arsenal victory by two clear goals would have given them the title on goals scored, as the two teams would have been tied on goal difference at +37. A three-goal margin or more would have won Arsenal the title on goal difference. Any other result (i.e. a Liverpool victory, a draw or an Arsenal win by one goal) would have given the title to Liverpool.

Yeah, I remember that match all too well....hence why I narrowed it down to Premier League....as we all know football didn't start until 1992 ;)

And Brian Moore's "It's all up for grabs now!" is maybe in second place behind Tyler's "Aguerooo!" on the list of great one-line commentaries. (Or third, after Ken Wolstenholme.)

A vast majority of scousers are the most unpleasant, ignorant, lying untrustworthy people I have ever come across and if they are offended it makes me happy and content.
I

I know a few here in Oz, they're alright.
They deserve the prem.
We need to do better next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.