Changing America...One bar at a time

DenisLawBackHeel74

Ok so in a soccer bar in North Carolina....something not quite right and finally notice that there is a rag flag, Arsenal flag, Spurs flag and several other lesser team flags adorned on the walls.

I confronted the barman and asked why there was no champions flag on the wall, because the Norwegian owner is a rag fan he says, the owner will not allow dipperpool or city flags....but if I can bring in a city flag he will make sure it goes up on the ceiling...job done I said, will bring one over next time I'm in town and also leave my mobile number in case the rag proprietor has a problem.... the plastic ****...

Anyway I'm a bit pissed and thought I'd share...let's change the world.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Ok so in a soccer bar in North Carolina....something not quite right and finally notice that there is a rag flag, Arsenal flag, Spurs flag and several other lesser team flags adorned on the walls.

I confronted the barman and asked why there was no champions flag on the wall, because the Norwegian owner is a rag fan he says, the owner will not allow dipperpool or city flags....but if I can bring in a city flag he will make sure it goes up on the ceiling...job done I said, will bring one over next time I'm in town and also leave my mobile number in case the rag proprietor has a problem.... the plastic ****...

Erm, that's a lot of bars and a lot of flags!

I will plant a flag in Chicago at Fado this season...only icon in the pub right now is the "Dickov Gnome" purchased at Citystore. It is strategically nestled under a small, spotlit nook above the rags favorite TV, safe from their reach and looking down upon them.

City fans have earned a TV at Fado, which is important as supporters from around the world congregate there for the matches, especially Champions League during the week. There are only 3 feeds on 5 TVs. rags always have at least two tvs, but they are also 30% of the business. A guestimate would put dippers at 15%, gooners, chavs, Barca and Real Madrid at 10% each, then City, spuds, hammers, blue scousers, and others share the remaining 20%. On 13/5/12 however, the pub was 30% rags and 70% City. Great party, that...and still going on!

There was a sports shop in Ashton-U-Lyne in the new precinct (I haven't been there for a while) that used to have every team's flag up apart from, yes you've guessed, Man City. They had the Rags, Chelsea, Liverpool even QPR and most other teams all around the store, but never City. Needless to say I never bought anything.

N. Florida is Blue! We have 3 bars all with flags on the walls and ceilings and owners happy to embrace us!

I have tried many times to upload some pics but even bigimg won't get these, and they came from a simple camera...don't understand.

See the odd Rag shirt around town, but one by one Americans from South Georgia to Tampa, Florida are being either converted or are simply paying more attention to City now.

Locals know when we are in town!!

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

North Carolina....that's where they filmed deliverance...wouldn't go hanging Champions flags round there m8 !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.