Channel 4's 'Undateables'

To be fair, C4 haven't just seen these people on the street and decided to follow them about with a camera.

Anybody on it is just that because they wish to be.

It's a good show, although it is becoming a bit tedious now. Last series, a woman had tourretes and she kept shouting out thunder cats in public. Maybe it's cruel to laugh at someone who's got a disease, but it made me laugh for weeks. I'm off to hell.

Manchester_lalala said:
It's a good show, although it is becoming a bit tedious now. Last series, a woman had tourretes and she kept shouting out thunder cats in public. Maybe it's cruel to laugh at someone who's got a disease, but it made me laugh for weeks. I'm off to hell.

There was programme featuring people with certain illnesses and how it impacted the sufferers lives a few years ago.

One of the guys, a Tourettes sufferer, was English and he'd moved to the US. He had the type where he'd randomly shout fuck, shit, wank etc. which for a regular church goer could be seen as awkward to say the least.

His wife found it all highly amusing and regularly burst out laughing at his random swearing in the supermarket, in church or at passing strangers. He didn't seem in the slightest bit offended by her reactions, in fact he seemed to like that she clearly didn't give a shit about his problem.

I suppose there's two ways you can deal with it, laugh at it or let it get you down.

I think the one I really did feel sorry for was the guy with an awful stammer. He simply couldn't get anywhere when he rang someone he didnt know or a company helpline - they thought he was taking the piss and just cut him off after a few words.

Manchester_lalala said:

People with Tourette's realise why it their outbursts are often funny. By saying they shouldn't be on TV is more discrimating than using them for this show.

Pelly Greeny said:
Manchester_lalala said:

There was programme featuring people with certain illnesses and how it impacted the sufferers lives a few years ago.

One of the guys, a Tourettes sufferer, was English and he'd moved to the US. He had the type where he'd randomly shout fuck, shit, wank etc. which for a regular church goer could be seen as awkward to say the least.

His wife found it all highly amusing and regularly burst out laughing at his random swearing in the supermarket, in church or at random strangers. He didn't seem in the slightest bit offended by her reactions, in fact he seemed to like that she clearly didn't give a shit about his problem.

I suppose there's two ways you can deal with it, laugh at it or let it get you down.

I think the one I really did feel sorry for was the guy with an awful stammer. He simply couldn't get anywhere when he rang anywhere - they thought he was taking the piss and just cut him off after a few words.

It is the cruelest part of darwinian evolution imo. That some are born with a genetic defect and their life will be 10x harder than your average healthy person.
It makes me really sad that and i feel terrible for them.

I wish stammer dude all the very best in life i really do.
I hope he meets a wonderful woman who loves him and has kids that love daddy and find his stammer funny not a bad thing.

They were such nice people on the show who i would have a spliff and a pint with any day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.