Chants @ The Swamp Today

It doesnt really surprise me. When I read this last year I realised that some peoples hatred will never change. This one was really unbelievable as they must have attended the match for that reason alone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-v-manchester-united-youth-tie-marred-by-hillsborough-abuse-2241276.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 41276.html</a>

Having said that the Runway song gets a regular airing at Mary D's during a season so we still have plenty who will carry on regardless.

pb1951 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way the report speaks for its self and is very damming.
But regarding the media and especially Talk Sport I feel that there has been no balanced points of view put forward and get the feeling that any deviation from their views are not given given air time and not tolerated. Although my views are at least 75% of the "Party line" they are not 100%
The words sung by the rags could be interpritated in different ways

Given their timing, I can only think of one interpretation.

moomba said:
Can't say I'm overly bothered. Maybe bad timing, and not the best thing to do given the circumstances, but in general they're not wrong.

Or are we not allowed to say anything that might upset scousers from now on?
Without wishing to be strung up by the Bluemoon Thought Police, I have to agree.

This forum is full of references to Scousers being victims and never accepting responsibility for anything. Self-pity city, let's have a minutes silence, go light a candle, mourn a chicken foetus, Scousers: ashamed of nothing, offended by everything, etc etc etc..........................it's all been on here a million times before and no one has ever given a shit about it. In fact, plenty on here have found it very amusing.

So, are all the City fans who've posted any of the above or anything similar on here directly taking the piss out of the Hillsborough tragedy? And are all the City fans who laughed or said nothing also mocking the 96? Of course they're not.

I've heard this sung by United plenty of times and no one's ever had an issue with it until this week. Was their timing a bit shit? Yes. Should they have given it a rest for a couple of weeks? Probably. But this is only being dragged up by the media because of what was announced last week. It's sung all the time, so it can hardly be claimed that it's a direct response to the recent findings.

Had they been chanting '96 WNE' then I could understand the outrage, but they weren't. They were espousing an opinion of Scousers that, rightly or wrongly, is widely held on here too.

I suspect there will be more media coverage when Fergie pops his clogs and our 'fans' sing about having a party with bouncy castles, jelly and ice cream.

It wont stop, all fans sing sick songs - Ive been to many away games with West Ham, sick songs sung about the runway at man utd, anti Jewish songs to spurs etc. Its depressing, especially when you look at the people singing , normally totally thick idiots

Markt85 said:
It wont stop, all fans sing sick songs - Ive been to many away games with West Ham, sick songs sung about the runway at man utd, anti Jewish songs to spurs etc. Its depressing, especially when you look at the people singing , normally totally thick idiots

I think we should start singing about sick swans - especially at the swamp!

Markt85 said:
As recently as eighteen months ago it seemed like our whole away end was singing "who put the ball in the Munich's net, Yaya Yaya Toure" at Ewood Park.

Much more graphic Munich chants often get an airing in pubs before and after games on a regular basis.

At half time at Anfield in the League Cup semi last season there was a number of fans joining in with "the Sun was right, you're murderers" chant.

What the Rags did at the weekend was idiotic but let's not kid ourselves that we don't had fans who are of the same ilk, just like Mark says about the Hammers' fans too.

Have to say i met the most 2 awful fuckers in the world today going home after match on the train . Fuck me who do utd ( scum ) fans think they are . One was on about we never win fuck all again + all the shit that came with it and the other twat saying he would never stop his hate for liverpool and would never stop his Hillsborough chants god this twat was making feel sick with is hate . i hate utd but its the fans i hate the most for shite like this/ bitter fuckers to the last in my eyes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.