Chants we may never hear at the Etihad again?

Gary James

The recent resurgence of 'We never win at home' being sung in the stadium has made me think about other songs which we may never hear again, or at least ones that it seems highly unlikely we'll hear again.

Obviously, player related songs can date and disappear, but I'm thinking more of general songs that lasted a few years.

Here's a few obvious ones....

- "The Football League is upside down" (sung after the odd victory in relegation seasons, mostly in 1980s) - maybe we could have sung this after inept performances this year, or if Utd win the League!
- "We've got more in the Junior Blues, doo dah" (sung to away fans often at Maine Rd when they had the old Platt Lane) - No Jnr Blues anymore!

Here's a sad one...

- "Helen, Helen, Ring Your Bell" - sadly, Helen's no longer with us

There must be plenty of others to add?

Gary James said:
The recent resurgence of 'We never win at home' being sung in the stadium has made me think about other songs which we may never hear again, or at least ones that it seems highly unlikely we'll hear again.

Obviously, player related songs can date and disappear, but I'm thinking more of general songs that lasted a few years.

Here's a few obvious ones....

- "The Football League is upside down" (sung after the odd victory in relegation seasons, mostly in 1980s) - maybe we could have sung this after inept performances this year, or if Utd win the League!
- "We've got more in the Junior Blues, doo dah" (sung to away fans often at Maine Rd when they had the old Platt Lane) - No Jnr Blues anymore!
Here's a sad one...

- "Helen, Helen, Ring Your Bell" - sadly, Helen's no longer with us

There must be plenty of others to add?

its coming back next year

Clap clap, clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap CITY !!!

This just vanished with changing fashions in the late 70's early 80's not really sure why and not really bothered either way.

"Nigel got a bike for christmas"

Sang to Nigel Spink of Villa

"He shot he cum all over Marys bum"

Tommy Doc

"we all agree, Gary Owen is magic"

"youre going home in a f###ing ambulance"

"youre gunna get your f###ing heads kicked in"

"City aggro City aggro aloooo aloooo"

"We hate nottingham forest, we hate liverpool too ( and leicester )
We hate man u###ed but City we love you".

"u###ed sing, i dont know why, cos after the match, they're gunna die"

"spurs are on the way to belsen, hitler's gunna gas em again
we cant stand em, the yids from tottenham
the yids from white hart lane"

"he's got a pineapple on his head, he's got a pineapple on his head" :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.